Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 8" Auger with Clam Gear Box & Small Drill?, 8" Auger with Clam Gear Box & Small Dril
fundseeker
Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 12:51 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 6195

Has anyone turned an 8" Fin Bore with the Clam Conversion Kit Gear Box on the Clam Drill Plate with a smaller drill? I am wondering if my CTC Maximum 20 volt Lithium Ion drill putting out 500 inch lb will turn an 8" with the new gear reduction box now available . It will turn my old 6" F.B. for many holes in 2-3-ft of ice no problem but barely turns the 8" F.B. I just bought . The anti overtorque shut off built into the batteries shuts it down every 5 sec or so. The gear reduction box would be a lot cheaper than buying a new M18 Milwaukee with 1200 in lb torque.

PMEmail Poster
pfeiff
Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 01:07 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 8179

Kijiji your self a Milwaukee nothing else will last you should be able to get a decent set for under 200. I turn my 8 inch auger with it on a clam plate no problem

PMEmail Poster
fundseeker
Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 01:37 pm

Fry

Member No.: 6195

I've been checking Kijiji for the Milwaukees. Last used Milwaukee I bought died after one season on the ice turning a 6" . Likley was just worn out by previous owner. My CTC 18 V Maximum lasted 4 1/2 yrs then I got full $200 price for it when returned under warranty and upgraded to the 20 volt for $125 on sale . It worked well on the 6" last year and this year but want a bigger hole to fish.

PMEmail Poster
isthereice
Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 03:24 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 10280

you can cut two 6 inch holes close together and then chip out the middle.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace