Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Minden/Haliburton, ice and snow reports
slightlyhuman
Posted: Jan 03, 2018 - 06:54 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10743

Hey guys

coming up to koshlong this weekend fishing, planning on bringing sleds as Iíve heard theyíre starting to stake the trails across lakes now. Just wondering about the snow/slush conditions up there. Last few times Iíve been it was a slush fest hoping this year with these cold temps things have changed. Any help would be great!

PMEmail Poster
Open Hole Jiggin'
Posted: Jan 03, 2018 - 08:43 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 209

I was well east of Halliburton on Monday, and the back lakes I visited were very very slushy and waterlogged. The bigger lake I went onto didn't seem to have as much snow or slush. It all depends when the lake froze and when it snowed since the freeze up.

PMEmail Poster
Solution
Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 03:42 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12833

I can second that. Smaller lakes had more slush and snow as they locked up faster and held the snow, cracked with the weight then refroze.

Been steady cold up there, Im sure youll be fine now

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
ronzigator
Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 08:35 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11378

Temperatures are supposed to be into the -30s in Haliburton for the next few days/nights, should lock up the remaining slush. I was in Gooderham on the Tuesday, and the lake in town is frozen with lots of snowmobile tracks across.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace