Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Marten river
Tim Anderson
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 05:49 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10493

Headed up to marten river in a few weeks. New spot any info? Going with beaverland.
Cheers and thanks

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 07:00 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 515

Rock pine restaurant just across the road,, rock pine omelet or the clubhouse sandwich..
As for fishing I guess they will have you out on little Marten lake
Or big Marten... My guess is you'll do well as they pretty much put you on good spots and if not the fish will be in the immediate area..... If looking for Pike , right behind the rock pine... Just north a little ways is the provincial park and trapper's trading post which has gas, groceries, fishing tackle and most importantly the lcbo..
Pumped for your reports..
Cheers Dave..

PMEmail Poster
Tim Anderson
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 - 10:35 am

Alevin

Thanks fishmagnet i will def try the omlet. And yea the trappers trading post will def be a stop for sure. Always stop in there on my trip to timmins great place. Thanks for the optimism. Will report back in 2 weeks .

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 - 11:08 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 515

I've been on the best walleye lake in that area and not even a nibble..lol.. It's always in the operators best interest to put you on fish or possibly you won't go back.. They have a lot of returning guest and I've only heard good things about them.
Are you and the boys going up or is this a family thing... The wife and I have been going up to Marten River for 23 years staying all over in the area. The park up there is awesome and highly recommend if camping is your thing... I'd move there tomorrow but it would probably leed to divorce..lol
Looking so forward to your reports and good luck..
FM..

PMEmail Poster
Tim Anderson
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 - 11:24 pm

Alevin

Not a fam thing . A boys gettaway. Been going to bear creek on nip for i think 12 years(im not the trip organiser) but we switched this year not for any reason other then to try a new spot. Shawn always gave us amazing service and accommodation. Too notch. Fishing has just been a bit slow. Nothing to do with him. So on my annual timmins fishing trip in aug looked at a couple places a bit further north and the guy who organises chose beaverland. Funny enough its shawn(from bear creek) moms outfitters.
I adore the area. The trappers post bailed ne out a few years ago head to kirkland lake for work on july 1st with no beer and no place open but they were. Always go in when i pass by need small places like that. Havnt fished much of marten river at all but fished new liskard are and kirkland as well as timmins alot. I will def give an update during the weekend and on monday. Hopefully we "hammer them" but even if we dont its a great 4 days away.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace