Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Odd can you fish Nipissing this last week?, Boats out off Memorial Drive - North Bay
Muskyhunter
Posted: May 19, 2017 - 04:34 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13060

I thought the fishing season for angling was closed for all species on Nipissing till the long weekend (this Saturday). A couple of nights ago and tonight around 4:30pm, there was a boat out off the Water Treatment Plant fishing.

I can't believe the MNRF is not all over them . Just lucky for them I guess as MNRF have a big patrol boat in the Marina about 2 km away.

PMEmail Poster
tnm19.12
Posted: May 19, 2017 - 06:30 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 8508

Panfish perhaps. I was out perch fishing lots on kawartha before walleye opened . Alot of guys were probably questioning it . I was hitting schools at 20ft I'm sure that just looked silly

PMEmail Poster
Cranman
Posted: May 19, 2017 - 06:45 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 1788

The entire lake is closed to all species....correct me if I am wrong but from March 15th when ice fishing closes to 3rd Saturday of May...the lake is closed.

PMEmail Poster
buddy
Posted: May 19, 2017 - 06:49 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 5461

They would be allowed to fish if they had a status card.

PMEmail Poster
Northernman069
Posted: May 20, 2017 - 05:19 pm

Egg

Member No.: 13702

Did you call the MNR TIPS line? I figure they are running all over at this time. If you don't help, you're part of the problem... safe fishing everyone ! Could have been an Indian, that is close to the reserve. I saw the big MNR boat out on the lake on Thursday after supper. Likely looking for netters...

PMEmail Poster
Muskyhunter
Posted: Yesterday at 03:37 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13060

IT was a big boat fishing with electric motor on the front and three people in it. They had a red Ford F150 with a trailer parked at the boat launch near Memorial and Lakeshore . I never thought of Status Natives.

No used calling MNR anyway, as I said their boat was parked 2 km away at the Marina anyway. Oh well.

PMEmail Poster
Northernman069
Posted: Yesterday at 04:34 pm

Egg

Member No.: 13702

Pretty good description. I'm sure MNR would have liked that. Pretty simple thinking, saying their boat was 2 km away at the marina. I spoke to a game warden on the ice this winter and he said they were short some officers, so they were pretty much limited to just responding to calls, and not out patrolling as much. The north Bay officer told me they cover from Deux Rivières, to Loring, up Northwest to Hagar, up to just under the town of Kirkland Lake, and the the Quebec border is the eastern line. I found that much for 5 officers. He said the only "directed patrols" (what ever that is) they do is on Nipissing as part of the agreement the MNR has with Nipissing First Nations, to enforce netting laws. So I am sure they can use all the help we can give them. Oh, there is a little old lady getting mugged... cop shop is 2 km away. If they wanted to do anything, they would be there... can't be there if you don't know... Same thinking bud! Safe open water season everyone!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace