Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Floyd hales, Going this weekend
riplipsdrinkbusch
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 12:09 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 12688

Hi yíall

Iím gunna be spending this weekend in a day hut from Floyd hales. My buddy booked the hut. Just wondering how the fishing has been in his huts and what depth his huts are sitting on. Also are they somewhat comfy to stay the weekend in?

PMEmail Poster
Icehog
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 01:18 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7626

Been there many years ago. Place was great if I remember your fishing in 80 to 60flow for white fish and lake trout or 15 to 25flow for perch. Great spot. Tight lines.

PMEmail Poster
jcubed
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 02:05 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13629

I was at Floyd's on Saturday for Perch. Was sitting in about 35 FOW. It was a really slow bite all day, fish weren't aggressive at all. Lots of Cisco swimming around though.

Good luck this weekend.

PMEmail Poster
riplipsdrinkbusch
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 03:33 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (jcubed @ Feb 12, 2018 - 02:05 pm)
I was at Floyd's on Saturday for Perch. Was sitting in about 35 FOW. It was a really slow bite all day, fish weren't aggressive at all. Lots of Cisco swimming around though.

Good luck this weekend.

I guess I should bring more beer then. Lol. Iím a bit nervous because the best Iíve done on simcoe is when I got out my self with my pop up. I always catch fish. Been with two hut ops so far and it was slower than molasses both times. Thanks for the input. I donít know if We are in deep water huts or shallow so Iím gunna bring baits for perch and lakers

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 04:16 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

I've stayed overnight once with them.. If huts are still the same you'll be alright if there just two of you... It ain't the Hilton but if you drink enough beer you will sleep better lol..
Good luck..
FM..

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 04:31 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 26

I had some guess come up from Boston for business. They wanted to get out so we rented from Floyd as they expensed the cost as dinner at a fish and chips! $220 fish and chips was the laugh of the day. We ended up with a few hits and landed 1 whitefish. Last week I called Floyd to see if he moved his huts to "that special spot". They said it is too crowded and their huts still in the exact same spot for the pass month. I personally would not like fishing out of the same hole cut a month ago. Some might think differently but just giving my opinion. He was exactly in 57-58 FOW depending on how low you put your transducer out in trout/wf grounds.

Good Luck.

PMEmail Poster
riplipsdrinkbusch
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 04:40 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (fishmagnet @ Feb 12, 2018 - 04:16 pm)
I've stayed overnight once with them.. If huts are still the same you'll be alright if there just two of you... It ain't the Hilton but if you drink enough beer you will sleep better lol..
Good luck..
FM..

I pack beer like Iím gone for two weeks no matter the trip. Unless Iím gone for more than two weeks. Lol. That shouldnít be a problem. I usually fish till 4 A.M the first night. than up at 7 A.M. to repeat the process. They said we canít drill holes out side the hut, so we are stuck at the hut. Unless we wanna hole out of there area to try new spots. I really hope we get into some fish. Itís always fun no matter what to spend a weekend on the ice with a buddy. But it would be nice to leave our food in the cooler and eat what we catch

PMEmail Poster
exocet77
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 - 12:06 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3539

QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ Feb 12, 2018 - 04:31 pm)
I had some guess come up from Boston for business. They wanted to get out so we rented from Floyd as they expensed the cost as dinner at a fish and chips! $220 fish and chips was the laugh of the day. We ended up with a few hits and landed 1 whitefish. Last week I called Floyd to see if he moved his huts to "that special spot". They said it is too crowded and their huts still in the exact same spot for the pass month. I personally would not like fishing out of the same hole cut a month ago. Some might think differently but just giving my opinion. He was exactly in 57-58 FOW depending on how low you put your transducer out in trout/wf grounds.

Good Luck.

I'm going up this wknd for 24hrs. Not the best news

I messaged them, they said they're in about 65-70' of water.. Hoping they moved from that spot.. Didn't ask though.

PMEmail Poster
mainstay
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 - 03:18 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 158

They moved all their trout huts yesterday...

PMEmail Poster
exocet77
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 - 06:25 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3539

QUOTE (mainstay @ Feb 13, 2018 - 03:18 pm)
They moved all their trout huts yesterday...

Good news!

Now I wonít have an excuse not to catch anything..

PMEmail Poster
riplipsdrinkbusch
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 - 06:31 pm

Adult Trout

Perfect! Hopefully moving the huts help!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace