Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bass Bass and more Bass, Cant wait for it ti open
Fishchaser67
Posted: May 28, 2017 - 09:48 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4782

Was out Saturday got 1 perch and lots of Bass ..out at 5 am this morning more Bass nothing but Bass hiting like krazy ..now watch when it opens you wont find any ...

PMEmail Poster
Fishchaser67
Posted: May 28, 2017 - 03:53 pm

World Record Trout

Sorry no pics ..( hook up quick release )did not want to take pics of out of season fish
Fun to catch. Bummer its not open got a few nice ones. .

PMEmail Poster
uv2021
Posted: Jun 01, 2017 - 11:55 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 6103

They are guarding their nest.You should not target them before the season opens.

Fish are hitting anything that will come near the nest.

Then when you are doing that quick release,predators move in and eat little baby bass.

PMEmail Poster
fishermansc
Posted: Jun 02, 2017 - 05:02 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 11508

I have no idea of why people find the need to brag about catching an OUT OF SEASON species?

I hate the mentality of "Hey, I just took this spawning size fish off its nest!! Sure, its bad for the fish, but Hey, I HAD FUN!!!!"

when I catch an out of season fish, I change spots, I also change lures.

When I catch an out of season fish, I certainly, don't feel proud.

PMEmail Poster
fishermansc
Posted: Jun 02, 2017 - 05:11 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 11508

Poaching comes in all forms.

not just the people taking bucket fulls of out of season bass, but also people repeatedly catching OOS Bass, even catch and release is stressful for the fish.

but hey, at least you released them quickly, and didn't take a picture

How can you brag about this as well?

do you feel proud? certainly seems like it...

this is disgusting behaviour.

PMEmail Poster
Fishchaser67
Posted: Jun 02, 2017 - 07:08 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (uv2021 @ Jun 01, 2017 - 11:55 am)
They are guarding their nest.You should not target them before the season opens.

Fish are hitting anything that will come near the nest.

Then when you are doing that quick release,predators move in and eat little baby bass.

I DON'T HAVE A BOAT I FISH FROM SHORE ALL THE SPOTS I FISH HAVE BASS ( IAM NOT TARGETING THEM.) THEY ARE JUST THERE

PMEmail Poster
Fishchaser67
Posted: Jun 02, 2017 - 07:42 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (fishermansc @ Jun 02, 2017 - 05:02 am)
I have no idea of why people find the need to brag about catching an OUT OF SEASON species?

I hate the mentality of "Hey, I just took this spawning size fish off its nest!!  Sure, its bad for the fish, but Hey, I HAD FUN!!!!"

when I catch an out of season fish, I change spots, I also change lures.

When I catch an out of season fish, I certainly, don't feel proud.

I AM NOT BRAGGING ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!! Just saying all i have deen catching is BASS .I got alot of spots ..i fish from shore from Mattawa to the French River to Kirkland lake

I can change spots and lures .....but there still there.. not my fault.... not trying to catch them so dont attack me for posting about it .......im not proud of catching them they are just there...

if you want me to brag about it got a few.. 6lb.....8lb ..10lb ..and a few that broke me off right on shore....and i use braided line ...

PMEmail Poster
cottagebum
Posted: Jun 02, 2017 - 07:44 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 3088

I'm siding with Fishchaser on this one. I fish all species, and inevitably catch OOS fish. Anyone with the stones to call someone who ACCIDENTALLY hooks and RELEASES OOS fish a poacher should take a long hard look in the mirror. Yes, it happens, nothing illegal with telling people that it happened. No photos? Good! That usually means that the person actually know the rules. Sadly, with enough people thinking like fishermansc, eventually we may be stuck with a season that only lasts from the Bass opener to the Trout closer (in order to avoid any OOS bycatch). I'm not cool with that, I'll assume the majority of anglers aren't either. Talking smack to someone who's simply voicing their excitement for the prospects of the upcoming season is plainly disrespectful.

PMEmail Poster
rayray89
Posted: Jun 02, 2017 - 07:50 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 6253

QUOTE (cottagebum @ Jun 02, 2017 - 07:44 am)
. Talking smack to someone who's simply voicing their excitement for the prospects of the upcoming season is plainly disrespectful.

X2

PMEmail Poster
Fishchaser67
Posted: Jun 02, 2017 - 07:55 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (fishermansc @ Jun 02, 2017 - 05:11 am)
Poaching comes in all forms.

not just the people taking bucket fulls of out of season bass, but also people repeatedly catching OOS Bass, even catch and release is stressful for the fish.

but hey, at least you released them quickly, and didn't take a picture

How can you brag about this as well?

do you feel proud? certainly seems like it...

this is disgusting behaviour.

Poaching? ??? Me .....now that is funny ...as for your Quest....

1....not braging just b####ing
2.... No not proud of it sh...happen's

And i have released walleye you only dream about ...

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 02, 2017 - 08:53 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8318

QUOTE (rayray89 @ Jun 02, 2017 - 08:50 am)
. Talking smack to someone who's simply voicing their excitement for the prospects of the upcoming season is plainly disrespectful.

X2

PMEmail Poster
Fishchaser67
Posted: Jun 02, 2017 - 09:03 am

World Record Trout

I'm siding with Fishchaser on this one. I fish all species, and inevitably catch OOS fish. Anyone with the stones to call someone who ACCIDENTALLY hooks and RELEASES OOS fish a poacher should take a long hard look in the mirror. Yes, it happens, nothing illegal with telling people that it happened. No photos? Good! That usually means that the person actually know the rules. Sadly, with enough people thinking like fishermansc, eventually we may be stuck with a season that only lasts from the Bass opener to the Trout closer (in order to avoid any OOS bycatch). I'm not cool with that, I'll assume the majority of anglers aren't either. Talking smack to someone who's simply voicing their excitement for the prospects of the upcoming season is plainly disrespectful.

Thank's cottagebum ....yes im exited for the season to open ..some just take it the rong way ...

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 02, 2017 - 09:09 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8318

I have noticed and it is quite frankly annoying on many boards and on many threads, there is always someone criticizing the poster for something, last fall I posted a picture of a very cool muskie I caught with a pattern like I have never saw before, just thought I would share it, low and behold someone starts in about me laying it on the floor for a quick pic and back in it went. I was by myself and the only way I saw fit to get a picture. and by the way that decision is MINE to make. there are enough rules in life without people making more.

by the sounds of it fishchaser is a lot like myself. RARELY do I keep fish, over 95 percent go back and when I say that I am talking AT LEAST 95!

the people that typically bash are the ones that keep ALL. so get off the soapbox already and let people enjoy and share their experiences here, after all that's what the board is for!

if you have nothing of value to add then put down the computer or device and go fishing!

cheers! good to hear the big bass are there and doing their thing and hitting which is what I believe your post was all about from get go!

PMEmail Poster
Fishchaser67
Posted: Jun 02, 2017 - 09:19 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (westarm @ Jun 02, 2017 - 09:09 am)
I have noticed and it is quite frankly annoying on many boards and on many threads, there is always someone criticizing the poster for something, last fall I posted a picture of a very cool muskie I caught with a pattern like I have never saw before, just thought I would share it, low and behold someone starts in about me laying it on the floor for a quick pic and back in it went. I was by myself and the only way I saw fit to get a picture. and by the way that decision is MINE to make. there are enough rules in life without people making more.

by the sounds of it fishchaser is a lot like myself. RARELY do I keep fish, over 95 percent go back and when I say that I am talking AT LEAST 95!

the people that typically bash are the ones that keep ALL. so get off the soapbox already and let people enjoy and share their experiences here, after all that's what the board is for!

if you have nothing of value to add then put down the computer or device and go fishing!

cheers! good to hear the big bass are there and doing their thing and hitting which is what I believe your post was all about from get go!

....seen that pic ...VERY NICE ....

PMEmail Poster
spooner
Posted: Jun 02, 2017 - 01:54 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 778

and there you have it the aholes of the internet strike again! it would be nice if we could clean the the crap out of the internet because more and more these days it just stinks!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace