Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lower French bears den lodge
bills25
Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 08:53 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3367

Will be up at bears den lodge Sunday wondering how the pickerel fishing has been going, and how the water levels are? Hopefully we can get on them!!!

PMEmail Poster
pghtags7
Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 06:15 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 9436

I also have a our yearly trip planned next Sat-Tues (6/17-6/20); to fish the Upper French, as south as 5 mile and Clearwater to Bobs Bay/Hardy's Bay. We usually fish the weeds for pike, i was hoping for info on:

1) How the weeds are currently in that area this year?
2) If there is not a lot of weeds, what do you guys look for when fishing for pike?
3) *Bonus* we fish a few hours a day for walleye's with minnows on a jig..what depths are you fishing right now or what kind of spots are holding fish?

Anything would help...we're average fisherman just looking to get into some fish.
Thanks in advance!

PMEmail Poster
bills25
Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 06:55 am

Fry

QUOTE (pghtags7 @ Jun 07, 2017 - 06:15 am)
I also have a our yearly trip planned next Sat-Tues (6/17-6/20); to fish the Upper French, as south as 5 mile and Clearwater to Bobs Bay/Hardy's Bay. We usually fish the weeds for pike, i was hoping for info on:

1) How the weeds are currently in that area this year?
2) If there is not a lot of weeds, what do you guys look for when fishing for pike?
3) *Bonus* we fish a few hours a day for walleye's with minnows on a jig..what depths are you fishing right now or what kind of spots are holding fish?

Anything would help...we're average fisherman just looking to get into some fish.
Thanks in advance!

I'll send some info your way, when I get back. As for pike when there's no weeds I don't know if I've ever encountered a situation like that when I've been up there. What I can tell you the. Bigger ones will be deep where there probably aren't any weeds if you want big pike fish drop offs upto 30 even 40 ft with big swim baits or spinner baits. The smaller fish will hold in the weeds. As for depth for walleye you never know until you get there I've caught them in as little as 8ft right out to 35ft in the French this time of year. Last time I was there we caught them in 15ft good one day the next they were off the same point same time of day and wouldn't bite until you drifted into 30-35ft. Walleye can be tough but they are there.

PMEmail Poster
bills25
Posted: Jun 09, 2017 - 02:35 pm

Fry

Less than 48 hours and I'll be wetting my line in the beautiful French river. I can't wait I've been waiting all year!!! Wish me luck and hopefully I'll have some stories to post when I'm back!!!! I live 10 minutes from Lake Erie probably the best walleye fishery in the country but I'd pick the French river any day over Erie there's just something about the beautiful Canadian Shield waters that just take all your worries in the world away!!!!!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace