Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Wosley Bay French River
Grangling
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 - 08:05 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 10576

Just booked a last minute trip to Wosley Bay next week. Going to get out on the water and target some walleye and maybe some pike/musky. I stayed for a week last August and managed some decent walleye but I am hoping that I will get some more consistent action a bit earlier in the season.

I found them in 8-12 FOW last year off of weed lines. Wondering if they will be shallow or holding a bit deeper at this time of year. Any tips or advice for targeting walleye at this time of year would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

PMEmail Poster
bills25
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 - 11:55 pm

Fry

Member No.: 3367

Just got back from the lower French and the smaller walleye (10-16in) fish seemed to be deep 25-40ft, while the bigger fish were all caught in 8-15 FOW. Hope that helps the smaller fish wee caught on a slip sinker and minnow rig while the larger fish were caught shallow trolling worm harnesses chartreuse seemed to be the hot color. Hope that helps you, good luck I look forward to hear how you do!!!

PMEmail Poster
Grangling
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 04:21 pm

Fry

Member No.: 10576

Thanks for the advice! I will experiment with depths and baits but definitely key in on the specifics you mentioned. Hoping to get a few more in the boat this year. I met an old timer last year who refused to use anything but a jig head with a full night crawler when he fishes the French. I took a page out of his book and set all of the gear aside that I bought and bounced crawlers off of bottom. I put a new trolling motor on my boat this spring so I will definitely drag some worm harnesses. Always down for a slip float bite too!

Cheers

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace