Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Chantry Salmon Derby
Krawler
Posted: Jun 28, 2018 - 06:58 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 2268

I was thinking of coming over to Lake Huron this summer and trying my luck in the Chantry Derby, ive never fished Huron or anything north of Owen Sound. We are hoping to go for 3-4 days. I will need accomodation and easy access to a launch. What port or town would you guys suggest we fish/stay out of?
The option of fishing Gbay if winds are too high on Huron would be great because it looks like both bodies of water are not far from one another. We also want to be where the fish are too. I say that because we trailered to Manitoulin one year for the derby up there and fished out of Meldrum Bay, we quickly found out from the locals that Salmon dont arrive near that part of the island for at least another month. We still caught fish but we had to work hard for a salmon bite, lots of BIG lakers though.

Thank you

PMEmail Poster
king killer
Posted: Jun 28, 2018 - 08:48 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3332

Hard to cover it all. Deep water off kincardine. But on a west wind you need to go to gbay. Lions head or wiarton. Lions head does get busy. Southampton has its days. Its tough fishing for salmon. Lots of lakers off kincardine if your into that. Pm me if you want any other info.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!

Marketplace