» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Goby’s Hitting Slab Grabber, Tough Day out
papafishr
Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 07:10 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13142

When ever we catch them, we throw them in the garbage bag.

Better to keep saying it as some people out there need to hear it 100 times.

I dont think I would ever want to try eating them, but maybe we'll find a you tube post on the subject one day.

Eating Goby !!
Goby Treats!
Goby Fritz !

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 07:24 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6517

They are not even worth the compost never mind eating them. when they first invaded I took a bunch for the compost. Read up on them the carry so much I tossed them in back field. I'm not putting them in my gardens lol

PMEmail Poster
papafishr
Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 08:51 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 13142

Researchers believe the round goby is linked to outbreaks of botulism type E in Great Lakes fish and fish-eating birds.

The disease is caused by a toxin that may be passed from zebra mussels, to goby, to birds, resulting in large die-offs of fish and birds

They feed aggressively on insects and other small organisms found on lake and river bottoms. Adult round goby eat large quantities of zebra and quagga mussels, and occasionally small fish and fish eggs.

Their aggressive eating habits and ability to spawn several times each season have helped them multiply and spread quickly.

In less than a decade the round goby has successfully spread through all five Great Lakes and has begun to invade inland waters.

IMO : Catch'm,,,, kill'm,,, Burn'm

They carry so many toxins that not even the birds can eat them.

PMEmail Poster
callatis
Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 09:17 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 4290

QUOTE (oxotnik @ Feb 15, 2018 - 12:32 am)
After reading the article I think the gobys were introduced to fight zebra mussels by authorities... it is conspiracy... the project went out of hands.

Nope, they came together from the same Black Sea in the ships ballast tanks.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace