Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: «« < 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Charges for Ice Rescues
Longshank
Posted: Mar 16, 2018 - 11:38 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 118

That sounded more like an emotional response than a professional one.

I will just say this

no life should be lost while pursuing the great outdoors, but it happens.

Too many talking about on ice conditions with limited experience

We can all come with unending scenarios to no end, but please stop calling people idiots or worse

To be penalized for that though , I still strongly disagree, again because my tax dollars have already paid for this, period!

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
crappiehappy
Posted: Mar 16, 2018 - 09:33 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13871

[QUOTE=Miha,Mar 14, 2018 - 04:19 pm] [QUOTE=Youngknight,Mar 14, 2018 - 06:37 am] Having said all that the attitude that putting responders at significant risk because some idiot makes a stupid decision as not being a consideration because it is in the job description and if u don't have the stomach for it u shouldn't have joined boils my blood. putting ourselves at risk is in the job description but my gosh what an arrogant ill-informed and irresponsible attitude. [/QUOTE]
I apologize for raising your blood temperature above the boiling point, but could you please kindly explain what exactly is arrogant or/and ill-informed and/or irresponcible in my post, exactly?
Isn't it a job description of emergency response personnel to

This post has been edited by crappiehappy on Mar 16, 2018 - 09:34 pm

PMEmail Poster
crappiehappy
Posted: Mar 16, 2018 - 09:37 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13871

QUOTE (Miha @ Mar 13, 2018 - 04:53 pm)
QUOTE (montstev @ Mar 13, 2018 - 04:16 pm)
Too bad if they are charged to be rescued! What about the firefighters, probably volunteers that risk their lives to protect someone who hasn't the sense to wait until next weekend, or pack away his ice auger until next year.

Please, don't use this one. Emergency response personal is paid to do exactly that: to risk their lives, when necessary. It's just a job description. If somebody can't stomach the job he/she shouldn't have joined.

You sound like my manager

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Mar 16, 2018 - 09:43 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10648

QUOTE (Longshank @ Mar 16, 2018 - 11:38 am)
That sounded more like an emotional response than a professional one.

I will just say this

no life should be lost while pursuing the great outdoors, but it happens.

Too many talking about on ice conditions with limited experience

We can all come with unending scenarios to no end, but please stop calling people idiots or worse

To be penalized for that though , I still strongly disagree, again because my tax dollars have already paid for this, period!

X2....they are equipped to rescue and do it safely....we bought them all the toys......it has turned into another cash cow.

PMEmail PosterYahoo

Topic Options Pages: «« < 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace