» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Algonquin trip, Specks
sparky302
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 - 09:40 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4572

QUOTE (Knuguy @ Jun 25, 2018 - 08:58 am)
Wow!! Nice fish. we went for lakers last year and it took 3-4 hrs to get in. With 6 hrs in you must have been starting to come back out again!

Can't help you with the specks, Sparkie, but I can with the lakers---or do you speck afficiandos(sp?) look down your nose at those??

I like laker fishing also they can put up a good fight also with those big tails diving straight down !!!!

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Drew
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 - 06:35 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8190

QUOTE (Fishnhunt @ Jun 24, 2018 - 09:27 pm)
To FISHING WITH FRANKIE. We don’t take a fish finder into the park but several times during our trip I’d get curious and plumb the depth by dropping down a lure. It was usually between 10 to 15 feet of water but our EGB’S or Cleo’s were only flatlined behind a slow paddled canoe so I would guess they were running 4 to 6 feet down.Like Drew was saying in one of his posts you would feel the specks swipe at the lure but not hook up. We couldn’t use bait in the lake we were fishing so that wasn’t an option to increase hookups. Hope this helps.

You couldn't use bait?....or you couldn't use LIVE bait? There is a difference.

Most of the park is no LIVE bait.

Some places...no organic bait.

PMEmail Poster
Drew
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 - 06:40 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8190

QUOTE (Knuguy @ Jun 25, 2018 - 08:58 am)
Wow!! Nice fish. we went for lakers last year and it took 3-4 hrs to get in. With 6 hrs in you must have been starting to come back out again!

Can't help you with the specks, Sparkie, but I can with the lakers---or do you speck afficiandos(sp?) look down your nose at those?? 

44 of the 70 trout caught from the stern of my canoe this season were lakers.

So no, I don't look down my nose at them.

I'm more apt to look down my nose at specks, cause there more 'moody', and I feel like a teacher looking over the rim of my glasses, just before I 'teach them a lesson'!..hahaha

PMEmail Poster
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 - 12:28 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 6034

QUOTE (Drew @ Jun 25, 2018 - 07:35 pm)
To FISHING WITH FRANKIE. We don’t take a fish finder into the park but several times during our trip I’d get curious and plumb the depth by dropping down a lure. It was usually between 10 to 15 feet of water but our EGB’S or Cleo’s were only flatlined behind a slow paddled canoe so I would guess they were running 4 to 6 feet down.Like Drew was saying in one of his posts you would feel the specks swipe at the lure but not hook up. We couldn’t use bait in the lake we were fishing so that wasn’t an option to increase hookups. Hope this helps.

The reg's for the lake he was at is "only artificial lures may be used". The route is an old favourite of mine (no gps transmitter required).

Nice going fishnhunt. I once saw a guy do that 2200m portage with two 24's of Canadian in bottles. He was headed to the chain of lakes to the south of the third lake. I often wonder if he ever made it. lol

PMEmail Poster
Fishnhunt
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 - 12:10 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 15869

[QUOTE] I like beer like the next guy and maybe more but only a maniac with a loaded gun could make me carry 2 two-fours of beer into the chain of lakes to the south of the lakes we were in. We did see a newbie carrying a bag of purchased firewood over a portage which made our kids chuckle .

PMEmail Poster
Fishnhunt
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 - 12:15 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 15869

QUOTE (Drew @ Jun 25, 2018 - 06:35 pm)

Yes the lakes we were in are artificial lures onlyand it does make the fishing a little more difficult but I wanted to try the area.

PMEmail Poster
FISHINGWITHFRANKIE
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 - 02:54 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12828

QUOTE (Fishnhunt @ Jun 24, 2018 - 10:27 pm)

Thanks a lot helps a lot. Im quite new to specs last year was the only time ive ever caught some. So any bit of advice helps.. Thanks again

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 - 06:22 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

QUOTE (Fishnhunt @ Jun 26, 2018 - 01:10 pm)
[QUOTE] I like beer like the next guy and maybe more but only a maniac with a loaded gun could make me carry 2 two-fours of beer into the chain of lakes to the south of the lakes we were in.

At least he could have bought a decent beer, not that horse p###!!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace