Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> lake Manitouwabing
dmorrs35
Posted: Jul 05, 2018 - 12:43 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8547

Hey guys,

Im heading up to Lake Manitouwabing tomorrow to a cottage for the week. I know the lake fairly well now as we have been going for a few years.

With these hot hot temperatures as of late, does anyone know what the water temps are like? in both, back bays and the main lake. the cottage we are renting is on the main lake basin so temps are usually cooler. just wondering for the bass fishing I will be doing (only cause there are no muskies)

thanks,

Dmorrs35 (dave)

PMEmail Poster
Seguin Fisher
Posted: Jul 05, 2018 - 02:31 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9952

Iím not sure exactly about Manitouwabing, but Iím gonna guess itíll be hot! I was out towards San Souci yesterday and the water even out there was mid to high 70s and a smaller lake about 10min. from Manitouwabing last weekend was 76-78, so Iíd say after this week itíll be high 70s at least.

PMEmail Poster
Disco
Posted: Jul 05, 2018 - 06:33 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10908

Fish docks hard.

The lake I am on in Haliburton is 82. The Largemouth are in cover seeking shade big time with all the heat.

I was out snorkelling and there were docks on my lake that usually hold a fish or 2 with close to a half dozen and more under them.

All the Bass have also been feeding very heavily in the heat wave. I honestly stopped fishing them 3 days ago because I hit them so hard and so many I want to give them a chance to recover and feed.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace