Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> SKUNKED, Title says it all
landonfish
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 09:42 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 5784

QUOTE (Lanternman75 @ Feb 12, 2018 - 09:23 am)
ok add me to that list, lost 1 at BBP and that was it for the entire day, barely marked any tried from 25fow to 105fow and barley marked anything on Saturday, probably drilled 50 holes so it was no lack of trying

I also went on a trek away from the huts pounding holes, thinking the comotion was spooking fish, found 58 FOW to be the most active in way of activity lol. That being said marked risers and numbers for about an hour then it went dead. Couldn't convince one fish to buy what i was selling.

PMEmail Poster
landonfish
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 09:44 am

Parr Trout

QUOTE (Knuguy @ Feb 12, 2018 - 09:15 am)
Best to go to Muskoka to get skunked as some of us did. At least the scenery is better!!

I am from Sudbury, and yup i will agree with you about the scenery in that area, a true beauty!

PMEmail Poster
GilsFinsTail
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 09:48 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12907

Getting skunked at fishing is one thing, but getting skunked and waking up the next day sick is another. Chills, aches and sore throat.

PMEmail Poster
landonfish
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 10:04 am

Parr Trout

QUOTE (GilsFinsTail @ Feb 12, 2018 - 09:48 am)
Getting skunked at fishing is one thing, but getting skunked and waking up the next day sick is another. Chills, aches and sore throat.

Yup that's a kick in the knackers, we woke up sick but not in the form of a flu lol

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 11:33 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

Add me to the skunk list. I fished off BBP (not far from BP) at 107 fow on Saturday, and then fished off JB (not far off shore) at 70 fow yesterday (Sunday). Didn't have one single bite! I marked quite some fish (most of them are laying at the bottom), and I call them physically challenged/disabled fish. Disabled in the sense that they are unable to stand up, and rise up to your bait/lure offering, nor are they able to open their mouth and chew with whatever are offered right in front of their mouth. It would seem to me that the only way to convince them to bite is, I swim down to the bottom of the lake, hold the fish, and then feed the bait/lure right into their mouth (and secure a good hook set) hahaha.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Knuguy
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 11:53 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

Might as well put your feet up and pull out a good book!!! Mr. X is getting skunked!! Wow!

PMEmail Poster
miro
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 03:55 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3947

You can add me to that list also. JB this morning, Hit the ice at 7:30 fished till 1:30. Moved three times 81,60,45 fow. Half a dozen marks and no takers.

PMEmail Poster
Steelhunter
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 05:25 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 667

put me and my buddy on that list we fished fox island shoal marked at least 50 fish had one hook up lost halfway up and that was it. I think it was the weather

Steelhunter

PMEmail Poster
fishon2
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 08:02 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10106

by the sounds of things, im glad i worked, made money, and i can say i didn't get skunked, (this time) has been a smelly year for me as well, if steelheader Dave didn't share his perch with me i wouldn't even have a feed of them,mind you i have only been out about 6 times AND THATS FISHING and i love every day i do get to the lake.

PMEmail Poster
matt101
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 - 12:12 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13542

I was with bear point in the huts, probably one of the guys you had a beer with. shall I say hot dog punch? hahah. yeah skunk show. can't get much slower.

PMEmail Poster
landonfish
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 - 12:59 pm

Parr Trout

QUOTE (matt101 @ Feb 13, 2018 - 12:12 pm)
I was with bear point in the huts, probably one of the guys you had a beer with. shall I say hot dog punch? hahah. yeah skunk show. can't get much slower.

MMMM Hot dog punch ahahah yup, you caught me ahahah. Super disappointed with the outcome and the lack of owner presence after all that is what my deciding factor was when booking. Oh well you live and learn, i will be not returning to the same outfit thats for sure.

Keep on punching haha

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 - 06:14 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9047

Last outing was skunk city!

Moved twice, and must have marked 100+ fish, no biters.

Towards the end of the day, I had 3 fat marks hang out with my baits for 45 minuets!!! Just cruising around driving me crazy!

If I could have even solved a fraction of the marks it would have been an amazing day... in this case a slinky day is all I had.

Better luck next time I guess.

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 - 08:51 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6517

QUOTE (xiaolu @ Feb 12, 2018 - 12:33 pm)
Add me to the skunk list. I fished off BBP (not far from BP) at 107 fow on Saturday, and then fished off JB (not far off shore) at 70 fow yesterday (Sunday). Didn't have one single bite! I marked quite some fish (most of them are laying at the bottom), and I call them physically challenged/disabled fish. Disabled in the sense that they are unable to stand up, and rise up to your bait/lure offering, nor are they able to open their mouth and chew with whatever are offered right in front of their mouth. It would seem to me that the only way to convince them to bite is, I swim down to the bottom of the lake, hold the fish, and then feed the bait/lure right into their mouth (and secure a good hook set) hahaha.

James those fish hanging out on the bottom are the better ones lol..

but to the op it was a hard bite for sure this past weekend some of the best took a dirty skunk. probably the weather but having things down the hole does help. Even something small like a spoon can throw the fishing off. good luck next time out.

PMEmail Poster
Disco
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 - 09:05 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10908

Well my normal Whity and Laker act is to get skunked. That goes for any time of the year. I went out with a friend to Michellís ice huts out of Beaverton Monday and guess what.... we caught some. Saw tons of fish and they were so finacky.

End of story when all of you are catching all season I am suffering the skunk. FINALLY I get some glory. 😂😂😂😂.

Michellís operation was great. Very nice huts and very warm. Nice to finally not walk out for me.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 - 09:22 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 26

Well done!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace