Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Wobbly pops on the ice.., Yes or no ....
basstard
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 01:31 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8583

Great attitude, if somethings illegal , who cares. lol! I bet a big percentage of you leaves your beer cans out there too. Nothing like having a nice quiet day on the ice till the drunks show up! Same thing up north on the trails, just getting wasted driving around on their atv's and sleds , throwing cans and bottles everywhere.

Great idea guys. I guess fishing's not that enjoyable for some people , and they need to have some drinks to make it better.

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 02:27 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

That's crap....

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 02:43 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

QUOTE (Fishing Rod @ Feb 14, 2018 - 02:07 pm)
How (or why) would you go icefishing without having a couple of beers!!!

My buds and I generally fish in the open. The last thing on our minds in that situation is having a cold beer. I do like beer, though, and if I were sitting in a heated shack chewing the fat and having a few laughs with others, I can see having a beer or 2.

PMEmail Poster
riplipsdrinkbusch
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 02:48 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12688

I usually bring a few beers ice fishing. 6 at most as long as Iím out for 8 hours or so. Sometimes I donít bring any beers. Unless itís a weekend bungalow I drink tons of beer. I love my beer and I love my ice fishing. There is a big difference between having some beers on the ice and being an ignorant drunk.... A really big difference. Just because people like to drink beer on the ice whether they are technically not allowed doesnít mean most of them are drunks and leave their beer cans on the ice. I fish to the regulations 100% I clean up after myself 100% sometimes 120% if thereís other garbage laying around so if they want to fine me a petty fine for having a few beers go for it and they can fine me next time to

PMEmail Poster
HardlyCore
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 03:06 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8169

QUOTE (basstard @ Feb 14, 2018 - 01:31 pm)
Great attitude, if somethings illegal , who cares. lol! I bet a big percentage of you leaves your beer cans out there too. Nothing like having a nice quiet day on the ice till the drunks show up! Same thing up north on the trails, just getting wasted driving around on their atv's and sleds , throwing cans and bottles everywhere.

Great idea guys. I guess fishing's not that enjoyable for some people , and they need to have some drinks to make it better.

Wow, that's just plain ignorant stereotyping. I don't litter. I don't drive drunk. I'm from "up north" compared to most on this forum. My friends have the same attitude as I do about this. The drinking laws, other than drinking and driving bans, are there to ensure the governrment can make money. Buy it from them. Don't drink in public or get fined by them. But you can drink in a bar because someone else bought from them. It's BS. You go ahead and be a sucker and obey every unjust law out there like a good little citizen. I'll do things my own way. But keep the stereotyping to yourself thanks.

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 03:20 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 656

QUOTE (HardlyCore @ Feb 14, 2018 - 03:06 pm)
Great attitude, if somethings illegal , who cares. lol!  I bet a big percentage of you leaves your beer cans out there too.  Nothing like having a nice quiet day on the ice till the drunks show up! Same thing up north on the trails, just getting wasted driving around on their atv's and sleds , throwing cans and bottles everywhere.

Great idea guys.  I guess fishing's not that enjoyable for some people , and they need to have some drinks to make it better.

Wow, that's just plain ignorant stereotyping. I don't litter. I don't drive drunk. I'm from "up north" compared to most on this forum. My friends have the same attitude as I do about this. The drinking laws, other than drinking and driving bans, are there to ensure the governrment can make money. Buy it from them. Don't drink in public or get fined by them. But you can drink in a bar because someone else bought from them. It's BS. You go ahead and be a sucker and obey every unjust law out there like a good little citizen. I'll do things my own way. But keep the stereotyping to yourself thanks.

Its not about making money.
Its about having recourse if someone abuses the privilege.
No different than speeding no one follows it because its not that enforced until its a problem.
For me its water or pop at most. don't fish with those that chose beer over fishing.

PMEmail Poster
WTFish
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 03:26 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14462

I don't fish with people who drink pop

PMEmail Poster
riplipsdrinkbusch
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 03:36 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12688

QUOTE (finsfurfeathers @ Feb 14, 2018 - 03:20 pm)
QUOTE (HardlyCore @ Feb 14, 2018 - 03:06 pm)
Great attitude, if somethings illegal , who cares. lol!† I bet a big percentage of you leaves your beer cans out there too.† Nothing like having a nice quiet day on the ice till the drunks show up! Same thing up north on the trails, just getting wasted driving around on their atv's and sleds , throwing cans and bottles everywhere.

Great idea guys.† I guess fishing's not that enjoyable for some people , and they need to have some drinks to make it better.

Its not about making money.
No different than speeding no one follows it because its not that enforced until its a problem.
For me its water or pop at most. don't fish with those that chose beer over fishing.

So if I bring 4 or 5 beers for 8 to 10 hour day of fishing Iím choosing beer over fishing?? I was just out last week with a guy. I drank 4 beers in 10 hours. Actually I drank them by 9:30 A.M. my bad. The guy I was with brought 8 beers sucked them back then walked a mile in a snow storm back to his truck so he could go to the beer store and get more. Then walked the mile back to our fishing spot and he got fall down drunk on a day trip and was supposed to be our driver. Now thatís choosing beer over fishing. I drove his truck back home. To be honest I donít think Iíll be fishing with him again anytime soon.

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 03:40 pm

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (WTFish @ Feb 14, 2018 - 03:26 pm)
I don't fish with people who drink pop 

not a problem water is fine for me can leave the pop at home.

And thats the crux of the concern
if you can go fish without a particular beverage no problem
if you can't go fish without a particular beverage might want to reflect on that.

Can't tell others what to do. All I can do is limit my exposure to like minded individuals

PMEmail Poster
nuzpaper
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 03:42 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2396

I'm lucky. The hut I fish out of is 150 yards from my shore. No driving involved. Many pops are consumed but I also live in a province where there isn't a nanny state on drinking. Even during soft water boat passengers are allowed to drink. Even the driver as long as the driver obeys the BAC for operating a motorized vehicle. Don't have to be stopped. No kitchen, sleeping area or bathroom required. When you are on a 20 foot toon floating around on a nice day a beer is welcomed.

PMEmail Poster
kingphoenix
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 03:42 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

When i go fishing im too busy fishing to worry about drinking beer.

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 03:45 pm

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (kingphoenix @ Feb 14, 2018 - 03:42 pm)
When i go fishing im too busy fishing to worry about drinking beer.

got the same problem except its not eating
usually end up eating on the way home.
Sure it opens me up to a distracted driving charge but as long as I'm not severing all over the road its ok I guess.

PMEmail Poster
WTFish
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 03:47 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14462

you're missing out, fish bite immediately when you reach for food

PMEmail Poster
Bobinette
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 03:48 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 10778

If you are drinking to get buzzed.....donít (and if you do you should get a ticket)!
If you are drinking just because you like the taste of beer....drink non-alcoholic!

Argue this if you want, but I am correct.

PMEmail Poster
HardlyCore
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 03:52 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8169

QUOTE (finsfurfeathers @ Feb 14, 2018 - 03:20 pm)

It's only a 'privilege' if you believe others have the right to stop you from doing it. No thanks.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace