Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Just who is the turkey here?
rainbow
Posted: May 02, 2018 - 09:17 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 214

So...picture this.
I'm sitting in my blind since 2 pm and not a cluck or gobble to be heard. I know they are in the area because one of my hen decoys I left out over night had the beejeezus beaten out of it when I came back today. Five o'clock rolls around and my butt is starting to hurt in the chair. I'm kinda keeping an eye on the decoys and clucking every now and then when out of the corner of my eye.... I see something about two feet to my right....staring right at me through the side window of my blind!! I almost peed my pants because it was a hen turkey looking at me as I was looking at her!!!! I never even heard her come out from behind me. To be fair....there is a major highway and trucking stop behind me and all of that noise really carries so I am not surprised I did not hear her. All of a sudden the magic moment broke and she scooted down the laneway like a rocket and was gone. Even if she HAD been a HE, I would never have gotten the crossbow up in time to take a shot.
I may not have go my turkey today but I have a memory of an absolutely absurd moment in time to tell my grand daughter when she gets old enough. A least this time I did not fall out of the tree! HaHaHa!!!

PMEmail Poster
king killer
Posted: May 03, 2018 - 12:24 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3332

Cool story. Had a hen walk across my legs 10 or so years ago. I was sitting with my back against a tree. She never spooked either. She did look at my gun for a couple seconds. Something i will never forget.

PMEmail Poster
mydogbites
Posted: May 03, 2018 - 12:54 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 414

Great story, heres one from me, happened this year. I had harvested my bird in the morning, but decided to go back out for the evening viewing for deer. I popped up my portable and got comfortable. I thought I had a clear view of the field as nothing was moving. So I fooled around with the pot call for fun, had no gun, no decoys, just my cell phone. First series of yelps and the ground in front of me started cackling. She was so close I couldn't see her out the window. I had a crazy hen clucking, purring, and cutting like I've never heard before. At first I was taken by surprise but then I recorded her on video. She seriously wanted a piece of me. So cool, absolutely an amazing event.

PMEmail Poster
scottburgess14
Posted: May 07, 2018 - 10:50 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12966

Iíve had a hunter walk right over my legs on time when I was camouflaged but I was young so I didnít move or say anything then my dad laid into at the time. Never heard the old man swear so much. Then the following year I had a hen walk over my a## as I was laying on my belly trying to call the Tom in that was 50 yards out. They are sneaky animals!

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: May 07, 2018 - 11:16 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 11172

Just hanging out on the deck

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace