Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 6 Mile Lake or Restoule, Camping-I know it's early
Fossil Fish
Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 08:27 am

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4236

So, as I sit here waiting for a furnace repairman rather than out on Cook's Bay, my thoughts are all about heat. In that mind frame, my wife asked me where we should camp for Canada Day. My top 2 choices are 6 Mile Lake and Restoule. Can any of you give me any feedback, positive or negative, about either of these parks? I'm also open to other suggestions but since it will only be a long weekend trip, distance is an issue. As for the fishing, I'd rather catch as many different species as possible rather than dozens of fish of 1 or 2 species. The particular species doesn't matter either -minnows, suckers, bass, walleye -all are good. Thanks in advance.

PMEmail Poster
redeyewelsh
Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 10:35 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 11652

I can only speak to six mile lake. The fishing is great with multiple species to be caught. Have caught everything but a muskie in the lake. The early morning and late afternoon is the best to work the weeds along the shoreline. The camping is great with a very large camp ground

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Bayliner
Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 10:38 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22

A busted furnace in this weather really sux! I feel for ya.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 10:40 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

I've great things about Restoule. It's on my Ont Parks go too bucket list. I've been to Six Mile and very much enjoyed the park.

Cheers

PMEmail Poster
Mad Max
Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 11:01 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 1560

Restoule with a boat six mile for paddling

PMEmail Poster
Bergi
Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 05:55 pm

Egg

Member No.: 10239

Have had great success in restoule fishing in July
The park has some great camping sites as well
Cheers

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 06:46 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 13620

We went to six mile this summer, very nice park but we got a site we could see the lake from and the traffic going by on the roadway was brutal. Other than that it was a nice place! If we go again we'll be away from the road for sure. Just my 2 cents, but everyone likes different things!

PMEmail Poster
surfingfireman
Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 10:26 am

Alevin

Member No.: 5529

Restoule is my favourite camping place. I've been the last 3 years in a row. I've caught bass, pike, musky, walleye and panfish. Stormy Lake right beside it and still in the park, is great fishing too.

Especially great area because it offers good variety of fishing for "big stuff" for me, but still bass and panfish for the kids. Also great campground, beach and hiking trails for the family.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
bow slayer
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 - 07:12 pm

Fry

Member No.: 15240

I have been fishing and camping at restoule for almost 30 years. I have also been to six mile several times over the years. 10 out of 10 times i would choice restoule. Six mile is great for us for short 2 day trips for anything longer we drive the extra to restoule. Lake has some great fishing ,park is more secluded and less busy then 6 mile.You have lots of back country lakes to fish with little to no pressure on some of the lakes. walleye pike musky bass lake trout tons of water to explore with lots of crown land surrounding the lakes.park has some great sites on the water 2 beaches and some great hiking trail,plus north bay is only 40 minutes away for day trips.

PMEmail Poster
jmah
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 - 07:26 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10488

I live only about 15 minutes from Restoule park and always camp there once or twice a season. never had a bad experience. lots of good hiking trails and always catch enough fish for a fry

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!

Marketplace