Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Memquisit Lodge, West Arm of the French
Goshawk
Posted: Jun 26, 2017 - 02:58 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11890

First full day at Memquisit and we're getting the same crappy weather as the GTA. Lots of lightning, heavy rain but not much wind.

I managed to get out this morning for 4 hours before the current deluge arrived. Today's total so far (hoping the weather clears up a bit) is 7 smallies (all on plastic crawfish on a drop shot) and one 17" pike on the same bait.

I was also playing around with a topwater for about an hour with a few follows but no takers. I was getting bored with it and had decided when I get it back to the boat I would change to something else. It was maybe 3 feet from the boat with a muskie (approx. 36") slapped at it and disappeared. Scared the bejesus out of me. I thought I'd have to change my underwear!

I'm hoping the weather settles down for a bit after dinner and I can give it one more go before pulling the boat from the water for the trip home tomorrow morning.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace