Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> blackrock, west arm
westarm
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 10:33 am

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8318

hi guys and gals, I received a pm about this topic. I have tried a couple of times to respond but the forum keeps telling me that the member doesn't have permission to use messenger ????? yet I got their message and rather than them thinking I am ignorant I am just going to post my modified message here in hopes they read it. sorry to waste anyones time reading this but I just cant leave it as an unanswered pm. it was requesting info about blackrock on the west arm coming from lavigne.

you are a pretty good distance from blackrock, blackrock is located across from whats called "the island" at the very western end of the west arm. it is very close to hwy 535. I would suggest if you really want to go to drive there, you will have to drive from lavigne to noelville then make a right at the lights in noelville and follow toward st Charles. you will also need a boat to launch when you get there. just google st Charles click on the map and zoom in. black rock bay will come up as well as "the island" right close to 535. it does sound like a pain in the butt from where you are. a boat ride is about 20 miles minimum from hay narrows. it is a long boat ride. yes its definitely deep enough to jump, it is a popular place to check out. don't quote me but I believe its about 40 feet high so its not for the squeamish. hope this helps

PMEmail Poster
Northhunter
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 03:40 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3521

I jumped it once, just to say I did. Went off from the lower ledge.. from below it doesn't look like much difference, but from up top it sure does! Resulting adrenaline rush lasted half an hour and I was good lol

We said 50 feet.. but who knows.

PMEmail Poster
Muskyhunter
Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 07:04 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13060

Yup I know Blackrock it is about a 10 minute boat ride from Musky Island where my camp is. It is too high for this old boy.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 08:56 am

Adult Trout

QUOTE (Muskyhunter @ Jun 30, 2017 - 08:04 am)
Yup I know Blackrock it is about a 10 minute boat ride from Musky Island where my camp is. It is too high for this old boy.

agreed!! i'll pass!!

PMEmail Poster
dplatt
Posted: Jul 05, 2017 - 07:36 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 9148

Thanks for the reply westarm, that's probably about a 2 hour trip by boat. Maybe we will drive it if the kids really want to go.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jul 09, 2017 - 07:42 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (dplatt @ Jul 05, 2017 - 08:36 am)
Thanks for the reply westarm, that's probably about a 2 hour trip by boat. Maybe we will drive it if the kids really want to go.

cheers buddy! its definitely a loooonnnggg boat trip, lol.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace