Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Muskies Canada Chapter North Bay
chasing50s
Posted: Jun 12, 2017 - 11:48 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 7388

Hey Fellow Anglers,

I believe it was last year I signed/supported a petition at North Bay Outfitters for the initiation of a North Bay Muskies Canada Chapter, however no word yet heading into 2017. I may make my way to Sudbury for a meeting or two this season if nothing develops.

I was hoping to meet others in the North Bay area that share interest for the hunt.

Are there groups, meetings, or other chapters where I might find and meet locals that share the interest?

Any muskie hunters out there that are interested in sharing the hunt once in a while, maybe try a lake we both don't usually fish and explore something new? (restoule, stormy, clear, muskosong, nos, talon, trout, turtle, nip, etc. - so many to choose from)

Reply or PM me if interested or know of any local muskie groups

J

This post has been edited by chasing50s on Jun 12, 2017 - 11:51 am

PM
dmorrs35
Posted: Jun 12, 2017 - 12:32 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8547

There are definitely other muskies Canada chapters, but all are relatively distant... I think having a North Bay chapter would be great. I am not sure what the requirements are to have a chapter opened. I am part of the Hamilton chapter as I live in Oakville. but there are definitely a bunch of outings that are up north. I believe there is an outing on the Magnetawan river as well. Im not 100% sure on where all the outings are but it might be something to look into.

I mostly fish the Kawarthas, but I would love to try Nipissing. unfortunately my boat isn't too big and i know Nip can kick up pretty bad...

If you are part of Muskies Canada, you can sign up for outings. I know our Hamilton chapter outing is on Wolseley bay in October which might be of interest for you.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 - 09:13 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8318

hi chasing50s the Sudbury chapter says it covers north bay, perhaps that's why the petition never worked out, this is a copy paste from the Sudbury chapter website.

The Sudbury membership covers a large geographic area from Manitoulin Island to the West, French River to the South, Sturgeon Falls and North Bay to the East and Timmins to the North. Sudbury members are fortunate to have some of the best Muskie waters in the world. Our chapter is comprised of avid musky fisherman, both experienced to novice. We represent the voice of "Catch and Release" and Muskie Conservation for the Sudbury and Area.

PMEmail Poster
Grumpa
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 - 10:17 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4676

QUOTE (westarm @ Jun 15, 2017 - 09:13 am)
hi chasing50s the Sudbury chapter says it covers north bay, perhaps that's why the petition never worked out, this is a copy paste from the Sudbury chapter website.

The Sudbury membership covers a large geographic area from Manitoulin Island to the West, French River to the South, Sturgeon Falls and North Bay to the East and Timmins to the North. Sudbury members are fortunate to have some of the best Muskie waters in the world. Our chapter is comprised of avid musky fisherman, both experienced to novice. We represent the voice of "Catch and Release" and Muskie Conservation for the Sudbury and Area.

Great info once again westarm.
Thanks for sharing.

PM
SKRAMO
Posted: Jun 18, 2017 - 09:33 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3999

it's great that Sudbury chapter covers North Bay, but if there is enough interest in North Bay, can they not expand to have one here?

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 18, 2017 - 04:26 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8318

I am sure they could skramo but they would probably have to have an overwhelming interest in membership before it would come into fruition. being that they currently call north bay "covered' for now.

perhaps a viable option could be to hold a meeting once or twice a year in north bay itself, that would make members in north bay feel more involved with the chapter. they currently meet once a month in Sudbury, maybe joining and then going to the meeting and requesting a north bay meeting spot or even an event would make north bay more involved.

there is currently an event set for September in west bay at memquisit lodge with the Sudbury chapter.

PMEmail Poster
dmorrs35
Posted: Jun 19, 2017 - 03:45 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8547

Hey guys, I hope this helps. This has been taken from the MCI Bylaws for new chapters:

"1.7.4. Chartering of Chapters

All MCI Chapters must be located in Canada. Anyone Wishing to create a new Chapter or to change the status of an existing Chapter can do so as follows:

a. An application for chartering a Chapter will be made on the standard petition form prescribed in Appendix 2 to this document.

b. Upon receipt of a petition to charter a new Chapter, the [Board of Directors] shall review the application, ensure all the requirements have been met, and will then vote to approve or reject the application. The vote to approve a new chapter will require a two thirds majority of the [Board of Directors].

c. Upon the issuance of a charter to a new Chapter, the President may appoint a MCI representative whose duty and function is to act in an advisory capacity for a period as the [Board of Directors] deems necessary

d. Start-up funds may be advanced to a new Chapter and are considered to be an interest free loan to be repaid in due course."

Extracts and summarized info from the application page (Appendix 2, mentioned above)

Appendix 2 is the form necessary for submitting a new chapter application, where you would need volunteers to be the Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Membership Director, Research Director, Director at Large (Note A full chapter or District Chapter must have a MINIMUM of FIVE (5) executives including a Chairperson. A Sub-Chapter must have a MINIMUM of TWO (2) Executives including a Chairperson.

In addition to the executives, you must have a Minimum of 12 chapter members or 6 for a sub-chapter.

Any current member who wishes to transfer to the new chapter can be counted towards the required minimum numbers, and recruitment of new members who wish to join can also be counted towards the minimum numbers.

For those who are looking, you can apply to set up a new chapter or a sub-chapter of Sudbury since their area is covered under Sudbury. Both are a viable option as long as you have the requirements. Obviously the more the merrier. In the Hamilton chapter, we have around 50-60 members, but we usually only get around 15-20 per meeting. That should also be taken into consideration that if you only have 12ish members, you might only get a few to each meeting which makes it rather redundant.

Hope this helps you guys out.

dmorrs

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace