Fishing Forum
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bronte or 16 mile ice fishing?
Icemanjay
Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 10:08 am

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13620

Do any of you guys fish bronte or 16 mile creek in the winter? I tried bronte once when I first started a few years ago and they were going for steelhead through the ice. Is that pretty much it or is there pike and panfish too?

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 10:46 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

There r some pike perch and bass in there but far and few in-between.... I believe it's a fish sanctuary from lakeshore Rd and North of the bridge but it's been awhile since I've looked at the regs for those places.... I know they fish in the harbor at Bronte...
Let's us know how u make out if you go...

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 04:47 pm

Adult Trout

Ya I might try it out at some point, bronte is only 10 mins away for me, maybe I could get some smelts or something out of the grocery store for bait, I usually fish with minnows but there's no bait shop around here

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 10:18 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

What I do is hit this place early... Just hate not having minnows... A must for myself... It's not to bad time wise if you beat the traffic...

http://www.billsbaitandtackle.net

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Dec 31, 2017 - 08:37 am

Adult Trout

That's not a bad idea, I've been in there in the past, great little shop! I'm kinda the same way about minnows, I've only fished one time when plastics worked better and that was for crappies

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace