Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Scugog Ice
Expos93
Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 07:07 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13321

Got out from 4:30-6 today. I have never seen ice like this on Scugog, where it is this thick and you can see right through it. I measured it at about 12". An suv drove across shortly after I got out, and a pickup drove across in the dark as I was coming off. So safe to walk on.
Caught a couple perch and my first ever crappie, so a decent afternoon.

PMEmail Poster
colanut
Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 09:30 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 14818

I went out today and my friend thought I was crazy. I felt pretty safe as there were people driving on the ice. I measured it at 13" at 2 pm. As I was leaving I noticed some ponding of water on the top of the ice near the boat launch, but plenty safe for walking. It would needs to be above 10 degrees for a week before the ice will be considered unsafe for walking. The ice has been very good this year.

PMEmail Poster
Motojoe
Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 10:39 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9129

Was out today with my wife and my younger son, fish is ok, leaving at 7:30. Only ice on top. Easy to pull the hut and gear. 11-12Ē all around.

PMEmail Poster
colanut
Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 09:56 pm

Fry

Member No.: 14818

Went fishing on Sunday around 10 am. The ice was mostly dry, but a little puddle near the boat launch. Played with a muskie for a bit, and landed about 20 perch. Couple in the 8-10" range. Tossed em back, just having fun. 13 inches of ice where I was, so the ice is still quite safe.

PMEmail Poster
Gone4Fishn
Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 01:21 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13018

Anyone have an ice scugog update? Either at the public boat launch near the library or the other public boat launch point park.

I normally rent huts but this time I want try and experience going out without renting.
I bought an auger and looking to try this Saturday afternoon Feb 3.

I donít have a portable hut yet, just going out for an hour if I can last that long without it.

PMEmail Poster
Motojoe
Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 06:28 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9129

QUOTE (Gone4Fishn @ Feb 03, 2018 - 02:21 am)
Anyone have an ice scugog update? Either at the public boat launch near the library or the other public boat launch point park.

I normally rent huts but this time I want try and experience going out without renting.

I donít have a portable hut yet, just going out for an hour if I can last that long without it.

Ice is good, but will have to walk on snow, you better check the weather forecast, today and tomorrow is windy and snow the whole day, if you donít have hut, I donít think you can handle the wind.....

PMEmail Poster
Gone4Fishn
Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 07:59 am

Parr Trout

QUOTE (Motojoe @ Feb 03, 2018 - 06:28 am)
QUOTE (Gone4Fishn @ Feb 03, 2018 - 02:21 am)
Anyone have an ice scugog update?  Either at the public boat launch near the library or the other public boat launch point park.

Ice is good, but will have to walk on snow, you better check the weather forecast, today and tomorrow is windy and snow the whole day, if you donít have hut, I donít think you can handle the wind.....

Thanks
wind gust changed from 20's to above 30's

PMEmail Poster
Gone4Fishn
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 03:32 pm

Parr Trout

I went to scugog this morning till noon and it was a good day.

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
wetnose
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 04:56 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 4318

QUOTE (JAYG79 @ Jan 20, 2018 - 10:06 pm)
The crappie bite has been on fire the last two weeks between the three of us have got well over a hundred crappie plus the walleye are bitting like crazy have got some big ones the biggest 28 inches. Here's a pic of some slabs from yesterday.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace