Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> hobo fishing dinner, simple meal
westarm
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 12:18 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8318

hey guys, just thought I would share a real simple meal I cook up every spring for a few guys that really enjoy it so I thought I would share.

its cooked right over the campfire although you can use a bbq or stove just the same. I like it because I can cast my float out with a minnow and cook it right on my campfire on the dock. fish, cook some food and enjoy a couple cold ones all at the same time! does life get much better?

the ingredients may seem odd but bear with me and try it, I can almost give you a guarantee that you will enjoy it. not exactly a healthy choice I am sure but neither are chicken wings!!

you will need...

2 cans of either campbells vegetable soup or habitant vegetable soup
half a lb of pre cooked hamburger
2 can sliced can potatoes
half a cup of rice

dump the soup the hamburger and the canned potatoes into your pot{I use a dutch oven}
set it on the campfire and let it simmer
add your rice when hot
when the rice is cooked your meal is done! remove from fire and let cool down a bit. enjoy!

this will typically feed 4 adults. adjust for number of people, I typically double this for 6 of us and there is lots left over. btw DO NOT ADD WATER.

its inexpensive, easy, hearty and delicious! and you wont sit back at the dock waiting hours for dinner to cook so you can get back on the water.
hope you try it! cheers!

PMEmail Poster
deerhunter
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 12:56 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10322

Where's the fish in this recipe? I was expecting a good old fish-fry recipe. Oh well, I will try this burger recipe this weekend and report on it if I get a chance. BTW, where do you find pre-cooked burgers? I'm going 600 KM North this weekend to fish for walleye. I plan on trying out some Fish Crisp recipes.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 01:16 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8318

QUOTE (deerhunter @ Jun 16, 2017 - 01:56 pm)
Where's the fish in this recipe? I was expecting a good old fish-fry recipe. Oh well, I will try this burger recipe this weekend and report on it if I get a chance. BTW, where do you find pre-cooked burgers? I'm going 600 KM North this weekend to fish for walleye. I plan on trying out some Fish Crisp recipes.

lol. deerhunter i meant pre cook your hamburger as in cook up 1/2 pound of raw hamburger, throw it in your freezer to take up with you, then you don't have to mess with it while you are away. lol. DO NOT throw entire cooked hamburger patties in the pot!!

also just meant to be a quick dinner for one of those catch and release days. cant eat fish everyday, pre cook some ground deer and throw that in the pot instead of the hamburger if you want!

good luck deerhunter! land the big one!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace