Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Broadheads, Your choice and comments
steelheader
Posted: Nov 19, 2017 - 06:53 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 315

Being an old fart that resists change every chance I get find it hard to change broadheads ..as companies are always changing (for better or worse) the old "Hammer" fixed blade broadhead is no longer avaliable ...So

Went to the Wolfs Den today and spent too much of their time prying out all the info I could get on the new products .. The guys were great , spent a lot of time with this old timer and made a executive discision ..

Bought the "MUZZY"trocar hbx crossbow broadheads..As a long time user of fixed blades but always curious in mechcanical setups..They seemed best of both worlds ..a fixed 2 blade coupled with 2 expandable blades , total cutting surface 2 5/8 "..

So it looks like a deadly combo.. anyone use these?

Comments invited ..

Dave

PMEmail Poster
Smilee
Posted: Nov 21, 2017 - 06:14 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 11276

I've used both with my xbow. It's my experience that shot placement is key when using mechanicals as they tend to deflect some off hard bone such as shoulder/brisket/ ribs. Don't get me wrong here ,thinking they are not effective , I'm just speaking from my experiences, I do have Both in my quiver. However, shooting a 3 blade fixed,properly tuned to with your bolt, will blow threw any bone you may hit. Last year I harvested my deer using a muzzy trocar,this year I used my old standby 3 blade Thunderhead with great results! Tuning is key using a 3 blade, where as the mechanical isn't . Experiment with both. If you can't find your old standard ( Hammer ) broad heads try Thunderheads,they have never let me down. Hope this helps. Good Hunting!!🙂

PMEmail Poster
goingout
Posted: Nov 21, 2017 - 08:04 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13298

I use spitfires ,they are mechanical and have worked well for the past 9 years.The spitfire allows you to switch from broadhead to field tip without HAVING TO site in the bow.It's a preference...Happy hunting ...SHOOT STRAIT.

This post has been edited by goingout on Nov 21, 2017 - 08:06 am

PMEmail Poster
steelheader
Posted: Nov 21, 2017 - 08:24 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 315

hey guys ; Thanks for all the input ,
Going to try the "Muzzys" on a target and will decide from there .. Hey if anyone out there knows of anywhere I could find the old "Wasp Hammers " please let me know , I've harvested 12 or more bucks with them and wouldn't hesitate to go back..
Dave

PMEmail Poster
SAVAGEPERCHER
Posted: Nov 23, 2017 - 01:34 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 6136

triggers and bows in Burford ont has some just picked up a pac last week. They have a web site you may be able to order from there if its to far of a drive

PMEmail Poster
Fishsniffer
Posted: Dec 24, 2017 - 03:10 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1597

Hi Dave ,

Slick tricks (4blade) , Excalibur , Wasp broad heads for big game .

Shot placement is defiantly key for a quick sucssefull recovery .

I would stay away from mechanical broad heads when Hunting big game .

Don't for get to paper tuner your bow when changing broad heads .

Cheers,
Dan

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace