Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> CBC news article on Lake Nipissing pickerel
Grumpa
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 - 09:59 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4676

Caught this article....thought I'd share it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/lake...shing-1.4269719

PM
Muskyhunter
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 04:51 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13060

For CBC it is actually a fair article - I think.

Does the MNRF do any stocking or allow any stocking of walleye in Nipissing?

My understanding is a couple of years ago they shut down an Outfitters Association on the West Arm that didn't cost the tax payers one red cent and put fish back into the lake.

PMEmail Poster
morecowbell23
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 08:21 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3596

Its good to see that NFN is trying to control the commercial side of this.
One question I have is this.
You fished for a week and didn't catch any legal walleye to take home, so you purchase fish from the licensed commercial fisherman and they are under the slot. Are you committing a procession offence?

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 08:27 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8318

QUOTE (Muskyhunter @ Sep 26, 2017 - 05:51 am)
For CBC it is actually a fair article - I think.

Does the MNRF do any stocking or allow any stocking of walleye in Nipissing?

My understanding is a couple of years ago they shut down an Outfitters Association on the West Arm that didn't cost the tax payers one red cent and put fish back into the lake.

you are correct imo muskyhunter it is a fair article, and yes especially for cbc.

I believe you are referring to the LNSA lake nipissing stakeholders association, and they are restocking, and yes they tried to stop them, there was a petition many of us signed on here as well in regards to that issue.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 08:34 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8318

QUOTE (morecowbell23 @ Sep 26, 2017 - 09:21 am)
Its good to see that NFN is trying to control the commercial side of this.
One question I have is this.
You fished for a week and didn't catch any legal walleye to take home, so you purchase fish from the licensed commercial fisherman and they are under the slot. Are you committing a procession offence?

good question, however I am sure you would get something that proved that they were purchased legally as that has no doubt come up more than a few times before.

that however would be the day I bought fish for my fishfry, lol. definitely one part of the article that's pretty far fetched is saying "many fisherman buy their fish off me rather than drive around in their boats" what a joke!!! what fisherman comes back from fishing and says I bought some fish???? CERTAINLY NOT THIS ONE!!!

PMEmail Poster
morecowbell23
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 08:45 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3596

I agree with you Westarm, I would not purchase fish but there many novice visitors to the lake and I heard the going rate was $10 a fish.

PMEmail Poster
FishBait
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 11:03 am

Fry

Member No.: 10143

One fact I didn't know and found very interesting was that Scott McLeod used to work for the Minestry. The lake is at a pivitol point- lots of immature walleye, more keepers being reported- but it can go south in a hurry if you don't work together. Sounds like Scott took the first step.

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 02:55 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

Until everyone plays by the same rules, I see it as just another white wash by the Government newspaper. And hell would freeze over before I buy anything from them.

PM

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace