Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> More Nipissing Walleye fishing violations
Grumpa
Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 07:22 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4676

http://www.nugget.ca/2017/10/02/walleye-fi...ations-net-8600

The majority of honest, regulation abiding anglers should feel just a bit better knowing that those that ignore the rules occasionally get caught and pay a small price for their actions.

PM
westarm
Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 09:51 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8318

why should it not be surprising that the guy fishing without a license gets a 2 year fishing license suspension??? like he could care less?? he didn't have one to begin with they should of picked a license he does have and suspend that instead!!

with any luck the fines will deter all of them from ever coming back to nipissing! in fact with how much they kept, killed or abandoned along with the complete disregard for our laws they should be LIFETIME banned from fishing in Ontario.

PMEmail Poster
Antique Fisherman
Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 01:23 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7133

These people seem to be from the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) probably staying at a resort (assumption on my account) but shouldn't the resort owner ask if they have a valid license? Also don't most operators provide information to people arriving at their resort for the first time, or inquire generally.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 02:30 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Kudos to the person who phoned in the complaint on these three POS, I would like to say they got what they deserved but I don't think it was enough for these repeat offenders.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 07:09 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (FatRap @ Oct 03, 2017 - 03:30 pm)
Kudos to the person who phoned in the complaint on these three POS, I would like to say they got what they deserved but I don't think it was enough for these repeat offenders.

agreed fatrap, I had a difficult time holding back on my post, I would have loved to say MUCH more!!

only good thing is they got caught!!

I remember kicking over a pail full of small fish one time at a local lake, they were not too happy with me but oh well!! it was an "accident" lol

PMEmail Poster
Pretzelboy
Posted: Oct 04, 2017 - 09:24 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3328

I get the impression the outfitter turned in these POS's because of the reference to "abandoned Walleye" on a previous trip. Kudos to the operator if this is true.
I can imagine the Ministry waiting for these guys on shore the second time with their ticketbooks in hand.

PMEmail Poster
spooner
Posted: Oct 04, 2017 - 09:30 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 778

one of the guys is named Abrakadabra. too bad he couldn't make those fish disappear!

city scum.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Oct 04, 2017 - 09:48 am

Adult Trout

QUOTE (spooner @ Oct 04, 2017 - 10:30 am)
one of the guys is named Abrakadabra. too bad he couldn't make those fish disappear!

city scum.

hahaha, lmao!!!! that's some funny sh1t right there! lol

PMEmail Poster
Antique Fisherman
Posted: Oct 04, 2017 - 10:38 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7133

[one of the guys is named Abrakadabra. too bad he couldn't make those fish disappear!

city scum.]

Spooner, not sure what you meant by "City scum" I'm from the city - GTA - and probably fish Nipissing as much as the locals do. It's a shame how we paint everyone with a wide brush.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Oct 04, 2017 - 11:08 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (Antique Fisherman @ Oct 04, 2017 - 11:38 pm)
[one of the guys is named Abrakadabra. too bad he couldn't make those fish disappear!

city scum.]

Spooner, not sure what you meant by "City scum" I'm from the city - GTA - and probably fish Nipissing as much as the locals do. It's a shame how we paint everyone with a wide brush.

nah, he wasn't referring to you antique, city or not scum is not particular, its everywhere. the "city scum" part was clearly a late addition to his post.

don't want to put words in his mouth but i'm sure he meant no disrespect to those of us who abide by the rules and respect our great north no matter where they live. they had the scum part coming. lets just mentally edit it to just "scum"

your obvious love for the sport leaves you out of their company antique.

PMEmail Poster
spooner
Posted: Oct 05, 2017 - 08:00 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 778

no disrespect there is scum in all places, city, woods, farms and all. This group is just that your regular city scum. lived in city and saw lots of scum and lately there has been an influx of more. yee haw.

PMEmail Poster
GrizzlyAdams
Posted: Oct 05, 2017 - 06:36 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13423

Couldn't agree more

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Oct 06, 2017 - 07:17 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (westarm @ Oct 03, 2017 - 07:09 pm)

agreed fatrap, I had a difficult time holding back on my post, I would have loved to say MUCH more!!

I remember kicking over a pail full of small fish one time at a local lake, they were not too happy with me but oh well!! it was an "accident" lol

Were they legal caught fish? If they were and you kicked it over on purpose you are a POS!
Were they illegal caught fish? If they were and all you did was kick the pail over... you are a POS!

So which one was it?

If you are going to do something... do it right or you will end up looking like a POS.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Oct 07, 2017 - 09:28 am

Adult Trout

QUOTE (Fish4Dinner @ Oct 06, 2017 - 08:17 am)
QUOTE (westarm @ Oct 03, 2017 - 07:09 pm)

Were they legal caught fish? If they were and you kicked it over on purpose you are a POS!
Were they illegal caught fish? If they were and all you did was kick the pail over... you are a POS!

So which one was it?

If you are going to do something... do it right or you will end up looking like a POS.

If u consider a pail of 6-8 inch smallmouth and 2 micro pike legal and keepers than label me whatever you want. I am cool with that. For the record not that I feel the need to justify any thing I do, when I told them the fish were too small and they had entirely too many bass, they played the "I no understand" card. So I "accidentally " tripped on the bucket which ironically freed all the fish.

PMEmail Poster
Fossy47
Posted: Oct 07, 2017 - 09:38 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 9546

Westarm - Thankfully, remorse for kicking over the bucket (by accident of course) DIDN"T set in.
That 'no understand card' has been played way to often to believed.
It is sad, as most of us do try to observe the rules at all times.

Unfortunately more enforcement of the current rules are necessary.

Isn't that what the license fees are supposed to support?

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace