Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Live Release :)
SKRAMO
Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 07:02 am

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3999

Best part of catching a hog.........is watching it swim away to make someone else's day! (and make more fishes!).

Cheers,

SKRAMO

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Fossy47
Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 07:26 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 9546

X2.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 07:36 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Beauty fish ...

PMEmail Poster
bigcreekdad
Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 07:56 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 9908

Awesome!! Tell up the story.

PMEmail Poster
Fishchaser67
Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 12:51 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 4782

Nice one ..Congrats on the C&R

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 03:18 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 14137

Well done . Did you happen to get any measurements??

PMEmail Poster
Antique Fisherman
  Posted: Oct 10, 2017 - 01:24 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7133

Well done sir and it's around for someone else to catch. Congratulations

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Oct 10, 2017 - 05:26 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8318

agreed!! nice gator!!

PMEmail Poster
Cranman
Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 06:57 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 1788

Very nice! how long?

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Oct 12, 2017 - 02:17 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Nice catch SKRAMO.......look at the size of the head on that big boy

PMEmail Poster
SKRAMO
Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 10:02 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3999

I don't "fish and tell"....so not saying where I got this brute. I will tell you a little story though. The lake this guy was caught on...I happened to run into a local cottage owner. We got to chatting about fishing, and I told him I was going out for Muskie. He responded with "I hope you keep them". To my surprise, I said, "oh no sir, only fish for sport...back they go for someone else". He then looked at me with that look your dad used to give you when you came in past your curfew and said "well that's too bad cause they are demolishing the other fish I try to catch. I usually keep all of them slimy bastards, and use them for fertilizer". He then sped off in his little 12ft aluminum looking all disgruntled.

I am not one to rant, especially on a fishing board that should be positive....but it's thinking like this that really urks me. This guy was thinking more about his stocked freezer full of his precious walleye rather than the ecology of a huge system of fish in HIS home lake. My stance on this is let the natural selection process run it's course, and don't try to play God and help it along on your own agenda. There are those that enjoy catching a huge fish...some say it's a bucket list experience, others watch a kid reel in a huge fish and see the joy and excitement it brings them. It's sad that we have this kind of thinking and short sightedness around still. Not ragging on the "older folks" on this forum, but this guy had to be upwards of 65 to 70 yrs old. Muskie are not as common as some other species of fish...we don't need them to be killed for no reason! Fish of 1000 casts!

I hope that all of you on here will take away from this story a simple lesson. When you run into people like this, if you can't educate them on things, feel sorry for them. They truly must not be very happy with themselves and have the blinders on when it comes to an ecosystem and how it works. I guess they don't want their children to enjoy what they have been for decades.

Cheers all.....sniff...sniff.....(lol).

SKRAMO........ }-)))0>..........

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 01:36 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

QUOTE (SKRAMO @ Oct 13, 2017 - 12:02 pm)
I don't "fish and tell"....so not saying where I got this brute. I will tell you a little story though. The lake this guy was caught on...I happened to run into a local cottage owner. We got to chatting about fishing, and I told him I was going out for Muskie. He responded with "I hope you keep them". To my surprise, I said, "oh no sir, only fish for sport...back they go for someone else". He then looked at me with that look your dad used to give you when you came in past your curfew and said "well that's too bad cause they are demolishing the other fish I try to catch. I usually keep all of them slimy bastards, and use them for fertilizer". He then sped off in his little 12ft aluminum looking all disgruntled.

I am not one to rant, especially on a fishing board that should be positive....but it's thinking like this that really urks me. This guy was thinking more about his stocked freezer full of his precious walleye rather than the ecology of a huge system of fish in HIS home lake. My stance on this is let the natural selection process run it's course, and don't try to play God and help it along on your own agenda. There are those that enjoy catching a huge fish...some say it's a bucket list experience, others watch a kid reel in a huge fish and see the joy and excitement it brings them. It's sad that we have this kind of thinking and short sightedness around still. Not ragging on the "older folks" on this forum, but this guy had to be upwards of 65 to 70 yrs old. Muskie are not as common as some other species of fish...we don't need them to be killed for no reason! Fish of 1000 casts!

I hope that all of you on here will take away from this story a simple lesson. When you run into people like this, if you can't educate them on things, feel sorry for them. They truly must not be very happy with themselves and have the blinders on when it comes to an ecosystem and how it works. I guess they don't want their children to enjoy what they have been for decades.

Cheers all.....sniff...sniff.....(lol).

SKRAMO........ }-)))0>..........

Well said SKRAMO

PMEmail Poster
BrentS89
Posted: Nov 12, 2017 - 09:19 pm

Egg

Member No.: 12108

I would bet that your Muskie isn't killing as many fish as the abandoned nets and ice fishing city. My son is finally able to come out fishing with me and we appreciate benefits of catch and release. Congrats on a great fish.

PMEmail Poster
remi
Posted: Nov 13, 2017 - 07:30 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7641

Very well said, my question to you guys is do you feel the same about pike ?

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Alleyes
Posted: Nov 14, 2017 - 10:41 am

Alevin

Member No.: 12803

My only comment would be that the old fella with his opinions and actions is also nature taking its course. Not saying I agree or disagree but that we are apart of nature as much as the Muskie and the more we realize this the better off for us, the walleye, and the muskie. Cheers

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace