> Lake Nipissing bass fishing gets more recognition
Grumpa
Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 02:31 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4676

2018 Ontario Bass Nation Provincial Qualifier comes to Lake Nipissing

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/bassmast...or-event-751049

Lake Nipissing has an amazing bass fishery and certainly deserves the recognition.

PM
Chevy
Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 04:08 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Good read... thanks

PMEmail Poster
Antique Fisherman
Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 06:20 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7133

Great article Grumpa - I'm not a crazy Pickerel fisherman, jigging is not my thing. Love the bass action the lake has to offer.

Don't think there is any fish, pound for pound, that will give you a fight like a small mouth

Target them along with large mouth and pike,

PMEmail Poster
JoePa
Posted: Oct 31, 2017 - 08:32 pm

Fry

Member No.: 9776

Maybe Its me but I just as soon fish for bass - I think they taste just as good and maybe better than walleye - for some reason it seems everyone is walleye happy - fishing for bass is a lot more interesting and more fun - you can go after them with a wider range of methods - maybe it just me

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Nov 01, 2017 - 10:39 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

QUOTE (JoePa @ Oct 31, 2017 - 10:32 pm)
Maybe Its me but I just as soon fish for bass - I think they taste just as good and maybe better than walleye - for some reason it seems everyone is walleye happy - fishing for bass is a lot more interesting and more fun - you can go after them with a wider range of methods - maybe it just me

I can assure you it is not just you JoePa

Nothing better than top water action IMO

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Nov 01, 2017 - 10:42 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Jigging for pickerel is okay when you are ice fishing but I am with you AF when it comes to soft water, smallie's, buckets and pike

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Nov 01, 2017 - 02:06 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8318

QUOTE (FatRap @ Nov 01, 2017 - 11:42 am)
Jigging for pickerel is okay when you are ice fishing but I am with you AF when it comes to soft water, smallie's, buckets and pike

PMEmail Poster
tonyrome69
Posted: Nov 05, 2017 - 12:01 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 1581

Caught lots of smallmouth this past year on Nip in mid July while on holidays. Plastics over worms in 40' of water but with lots of shallow water and weeds nearby. Was marking fish deep thinking they were walleye but caught nothing but smallmouth. No complaints here. Went back to the same spot several times and always caught enough fish to keep you interested. Had a lot of smallies up to the side of boat and in the blink of an eye they were off and gone.Even with more and bigger walleye being caught there's nothing like the fight provided by a sm bass on 8 lb. test line.I just read at a tourny on L. Simcoe guys bag for the day was 30lbs.. Can't even imagine. Mama me uh!!!!

PMEmail Poster
Antique Fisherman
Posted: Nov 08, 2017 - 10:57 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7133

Hard water season hasn't even started and already thinking of Bass & Pike in the spring - just got some new blades can't wait to see how they will work. Colors are a little different

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace