Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Collingwood Ship Yards
Ice
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 01:10 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7713

Going up to the cottage this weekend and think about going out from the Collingwood ship yards. Any one know how the fishing has been this year.

PMEmail Poster
Wasagabeach
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 01:33 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3362

The bugs are out! Not sure about the fishing.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Newburg007
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 06:09 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10129

What/How are you going after?
Not trying to be a smart a##, but replies could be more specific. Species? Are you shore fishing, flatlining, downrigging, etc.?

(Rather than: "I have a Ford and the bugs love it!" ....Sorry Wasagabeach.... Cheap shot, I know. Apparently I'm not good with temptations?! LOL)

PMEmail Poster
mylesmcdonough
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 06:53 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10475

Im new to downrigging this year ive been out a few times from collingwood. I've caught some lake trout but no luck finding any salmon yet. Still trying to figure things out. The lake trout I've got have been down near bottom in 120 to 130 ft

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 09:59 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7713

Will be going out with my boat and the downriggers. Hope the the fishing will be good. If not it's all about family time.

PMEmail Poster
Newburg007
Posted: May 25, 2018 - 10:06 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10129

MylesMcD is spot on. It's a tough time of year to find salmon/rainbow more consistently, until the water sets up. You may have luck shallower for salmon/rainbow.

Ice: Be careful toward the lighthouse with the many shoals. The bottom can come up fast. Straight East out of the harbour is more "predictable"; once you're deeper than 60 fow, the changes are more gradual. Good luck on the weedend.

PMEmail Poster
Dubya_TJ
Posted: May 25, 2018 - 02:35 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15991

I was out off Lafferty's Shoal there a few times this week. Lots of Lake Trout to be found in 90-130 FOW multiple fish taken on orange and rainbows spoons. Some marks up higher in the water column but no takers. I have not been able to find the rainbows or browns for 2 weeks, but then again the spawning beds are full of them up the Beaver and Bighead rivers.

Good luck out there.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!

Marketplace