Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> May 29th and not a slip bobber in sight!
onthehook
Posted: May 31, 2018 - 01:28 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7356

Got out with the "slip King" for some walleye and pike fishing. I think the last time I went for Walleye I was a wee gaffer, so I was looking forward to getting out. I was out for about 4 hours and managed to put 7 in the boat, all walleyes and didn't land a pike. DB was out for the better part of the day and managed 7 "eyes" also and he landed a bunch of pike. Unfortunately no keepers to take home, but most of my fish were just short of the upper end of the slot so I got some decent fights in.

The weather was awesome and not a bug out on the water with us. The company as usual was good with lots of jabs and banter throughout the morning. Looking forward to our next outing.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: May 31, 2018 - 05:03 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7713

Nice looking fish.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 01:15 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Sounds like a great day on the water, lot's of action

PMEmail Poster
Dbfish
Posted: Jun 02, 2018 - 08:11 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

QUOTE (onthehook @ May 31, 2018 - 10:28 am)
Got out with the "slip King" for some walleye and pike fishing. I think the last time I went for Walleye I was a wee gaffer, so I was looking forward to getting out. I was out for about 4 hours and managed to put 7 in the boat, all walleyes and didn't land a pike. DB was out for the better part of the day and managed 7 "eyes" also and he landed a bunch of pike. Unfortunately no keepers to take home, but most of my fish were just short of the upper end of the slot so I got some decent fights in.

The weather was awesome and not a bug out on the water with us. The company as usual was good with lots of jabs and banter throughout the morning. Looking forward to our next outing.

You did well Bruce for a first time Walleye fisherman.It ain't always so easy! Different approaches ,locations and tactics continually change thruout the season.Glad I could put us on them.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!

Marketplace