Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bewdley This Morning
hammerincameron
Posted: Jan 21, 2018 - 10:40 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 5503

QUOTE (Roberge @ Jan 21, 2018 - 09:42 pm)
Is that common sense ďhammerincameronĒ?

I believe it's called "face palm" according to the description beside it, not sure why there isn't one for "common sense", might prove itself handy for some.

PMEmail Poster
basstard
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 06:48 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 8583

This is a problem for sure, a lot of a guys won't move and will keep catching the bass just like this one. If I catch a bass I move, you can also switch baits to something they won't bite.

Bottom line is if you are willingly hooking multiple bass through the ice, you are fishing illegally for out of season fish.

PMEmail Poster
Roberge
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 07:05 am

Fry

Member No.: 14842

QUOTE (basstard @ Jan 22, 2018 - 06:48 am)
This is a problem for sure, a lot of a guys won't move and will keep catching the bass just like this one. If I catch a bass I move, you can also switch baits to something they won't bite.

Bottom line is if you are willingly hooking multiple bass through the ice, you are fishing illegally for out of season fish.

I donít know that I would say I was ďwillinglyĒ hooking multiple bass through the ice. I was not looking at my jig down the hole when the fish would bite. I realize that these fish are out of season and I should have moved spots or changed my bait, next time this happens I will do these two things in an effort to prevent this from happening again. Like I said before, my intentions were not to target bass, my intentions were to catch perch.

PM
perchinator
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 07:59 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4768

you edited out the post that said, I am going out again tomorrow and hook into more bass, but now you are back pedaling. reason for the facepalm

PMEmail Poster
perchinator
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 08:01 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4768

illegal and wish mnr would charge all these poachers they are killing fish targeting them in winter holding up a big walleye or bass for a picture kills it in -30

PMEmail Poster
juicemanfta
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 09:23 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 8279

This is just silly, I canít believe it still have fishermen like this around. I hope MNR targets him just like How he targets bass!

PMEmail Poster
N4X1Z0
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 09:33 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12473

Thanks for the heads up. I don't think anyone is targeting bass purposefully and most people will honour the law and release incidental catches. Keeping those fish would be a different story. If you're on a weedy flat or mid lake hotspot there can be many species there and as you said you can't predict what's going to bite. I don't use micro baits on 4 lb test line tipped with waxworms to target bass, and, to the best of my knowledge bass are not a very aggressive winter fish (usually).

Maybe move to hit a different area if you're not catching what you came for. Personally I'm going to try some new spots to hopefully catch some decent perch or crappie.

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 09:34 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6517

I also saw that one but never said anything lol

Good on basstard for saying something.

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 09:38 am

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Roberge @ Jan 21, 2018 - 10:47 pm)
I was not ďtargetingĒ this species of fish. I cannot control what takes my bait. I was catching perch which are in season and bass also. The bass were released obviously because there are not in season. If you are able to stop certain species of fish from biting your line then please do share your technique as it may be helpful for my fishing tomorrow where I am not too sure what will bite my line...

Your supposed to move away find another spot. You said your self the bass are scaring the other fish. Find another location .

PMEmail Poster
Roberge
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 09:56 am

Fry

QUOTE (N4X1Z0 @ Jan 22, 2018 - 09:33 am)
Thanks for the heads up. I don't think anyone is targeting bass purposefully and most people will honour the law and release incidental catches. Keeping those fish would be a different story. If you're on a weedy flat or mid lake hotspot there can be many species there and as you said you can't predict what's going to bite. I don't use micro baits on 4 lb test line tipped with waxworms to target bass, and, to the best of my knowledge bass are not a very aggressive winter fish (usually).

Maybe move to hit a different area if you're not catching what you came for. Personally I'm going to try some new spots to hopefully catch some decent perch or crappie.

Thanks N4X1Z0 for making these points. I was not targetting bass with a micro jig. I know I canít defend myself anymore but for what itís worth I wonít be ďtryingĒ to catch bass anymore and if it so happens that one gets hooked then I will be moving locations. Also, all the bass I caught were realeased and they were very lively still, it wasnít too cold for them to be out of the water in a heated hut for 2 minutes. I didnít realize I was doing something so wrong. I am human like the rest of the people on this forum who are jumping to accusing me of being a poacher which is not the case. Once again I appologize to all who feel that I am trying to deliberately damage fisheries as this is not my intention in anyway at all.

PM
zwj
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 10:14 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13956

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 10:49 am

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Roberge @ Jan 22, 2018 - 10:56 am)

Thanks N4X1Z0 for making these points. I was not targetting bass with a micro jig. I know I canít defend myself anymore but for what itís worth I wonít be ďtryingĒ to catch bass anymore and if it so happens that one gets hooked then I will be moving locations. Also, all the bass I caught were realeased and they were very lively still, it wasnít too cold for them to be out of the water in a heated hut for 2 minutes. I didnít realize I was doing something so wrong. I am human like the rest of the people on this forum who are jumping to accusing me of being a poacher which is not the case. Once again I appologize to all who feel that I am trying to deliberately damage fisheries as this is not my intention in anyway at all.

2 minutes is way to long for an out of season fish, supposed to be released immediately . My big Lakers are not even out of the water that long with pics.

PMEmail Poster
Roberge
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 11:07 am

Fry

QUOTE (fishfood @ Jan 22, 2018 - 10:49 am)

2 minutes is way to long for an out of season fish, supposed to be released immediately . My big Lakers are not even out of the water that long with pics.

Itís a figure of speech. I didnít have a timer on, it was probably less than two minutes. We canít all be perfect.

PM
fishfood
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 11:20 am

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Roberge @ Jan 22, 2018 - 12:07 pm)

Itís a figure of speech. I didnít have a timer on, it was probably less than two minutes. We canít all be perfect.

Your words ,not mine .
You just keep putting your foot in your mouth.

PMEmail Poster
Roberge
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 11:27 am

Fry

QUOTE (fishfood @ Jan 22, 2018 - 11:20 am)
QUOTE (Roberge @ Jan 22, 2018 - 12:07 pm)

Your words ,not mine .
You just keep putting your foot in your mouth.

Yeah youíre right but I donít think you are seeing that I know I was in the wrong. Try being a little more open minded maybe. Iím not teying to ruin the sport of fishing.

PM

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace