Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bewdley This Morning
Elrik
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 11:51 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 5165

Hi Roberge. I believe a big issue with some of the recent responses has been your constant backpedaling. My original quote of the post you since deleted still has the information where you said you were looking forward to going back today to specifically target more bass. I was not trying to judge your actions from yesterday, you may have not understood the rules. I was calling out your decision to go back today and wanted to make sure you understood that doing so would be illegal.
Instead of accepting this information, you have just been trying to modify the conversation to justify your actions and remove any indication of intent. The vehemence with which you are doing this is just making it look like you were aware that what you were doing was illegal and you were doing it anyways but figured no one would call you out on it.

Instead of more back and forth accusations and attempts to change the conversation, let's just consider this a learning opportunity for everyone and drop it now shall we?

For everyone following along.

Don't target out of season fish, even if you plan to release them, it is illegal.

If you do catch more than one or two specimens of an oos fish, it is your responsibility to try to change location and/or bait to avoid catching more of that species.

If you do catch an oos fish, please try and get it back in the water with as little fanfare as possible. The ministry hasn't been 100% clear on the issue, but from what I have read there is a chance that a CO could charge you if you keep a fish out of the water long enough to get a picture before releasing it, and posting pictures of OOS catches on social media will only encourage more of the same behavior from others.

Here is an image of a lovely kawartha catch that is in season. He was released right after the hook was taken out, so you can go and try to catch him too!

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 12:32 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

Exactly what he said ^^^^ x2

Nice crappie BTW

Thanks Elrik

PMEmail Poster
nineinches
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 02:37 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 473

I have fished 3 times in the kawarthas this winter all in different locations and with microbaits designed for panfish and I am getting largemouth everywhere. They are mixed in with the bluegill, perch and sunfish. It seems that every time you move to a new area you get more bass. I really don't think they are being targeted, they are just everywhere there are weeds. I am talking 20+ bass a day. they are becoming quite annoying.

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 02:53 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6517

QUOTE (nineinches @ Jan 22, 2018 - 03:37 pm)
I have fished 3 times in the kawarthas this winter all in different locations and with microbaits designed for panfish and I am getting largemouth everywhere. They are mixed in with the bluegill, perch and sunfish. It seems that every time you move to a new area you get more bass. I really don't think they are being targeted, they are just everywhere there are weeds. I am talking 20+ bass a day. they are becoming quite annoying.

You can avoid the largies by fishing simcoe lol.
Maybe some Whitties and jumbos ,we all know a few Whitties are better than the little pans your chasing. . I can annoy you out on the ice so the bass don't have too lol. Hope your season turns around and you can find what your looking for.

PMEmail Poster
Perch_master
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 04:58 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 13180

He realized he made a mistake and owned up to it, nothing more u can ask for really. Itís happened and there nothing anyone can do about it.

PMEmail Poster
Perch_master
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 05:01 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 13180

Nice crappie btw⬆️⬆️⬆️

PMEmail Poster
Dbfish
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 05:14 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

QUOTE (fishfood @ Jan 22, 2018 - 11:53 am)

Maybe some Whitties and jumbos ,we all know a few Whitties are better than the little pans your chasing. . I can annoy you out on the ice so the bass don't have too lol. Hope your season turns around and you can find what your looking for.

OMG i hope you put those 14-16 inch perch back! Got to save the fishery lol

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 06:27 pm

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Dbfish @ Jan 22, 2018 - 06:14 pm)
QUOTE (fishfood @ Jan 22, 2018 - 11:53 am)

OMG i hope you put those 14-16 inch perch back! Got to save the fishery lol

Yea I toss those leather shoes back lol.

PMEmail Poster
nineinches
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 01:11 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 473

QUOTE (fishfood @ Jan 22, 2018 - 04:53 pm)

Hey Tim I love eating panfish and the only whitefish or lakers I would eat are from northern lakes. Can't stand whitefish compared to any panfish.

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 02:33 pm

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (nineinches @ Jan 23, 2018 - 02:11 pm)
QUOTE (fishfood @ Jan 22, 2018 - 04:53 pm)

Hey Tim I love eating panfish and the only whitefish or lakers I would eat are from northern lakes. Can't stand whitefish compared to any panfish.

Aww I think you have mentioned that In the past.
I like the Whitties toss back the trout .

Probably hitting up the perch next week if I find them will let you know . Ice came so soon I'm almost tierd of the whiittie need a perch feed.

PMEmail Poster
Jpballer
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 05:53 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 11857

While we are on this topic I have a cottage in the Kawartha Lakes was thinking of going ice fishing next week up there and setting some tip ups in areas I was getting pike in last year attempting to cut down there population, I was just going drill some holes and set up a tip up on a single hook with a large chub either dead or alive. Is there anything illegal about doing this before I do it? Thanks

PMEmail Poster
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Jan 24, 2018 - 02:50 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 6034

QUOTE (Jpballer @ Jan 23, 2018 - 06:53 pm)
While we are on this topic I have a cottage in the Kawartha Lakes was thinking of going ice fishing next week up there and setting some tip ups in areas I was getting pike in last year attempting to cut down there population, I was just going drill some holes and set up a tip up on a single hook with a large chub either dead or alive. Is there anything illegal about doing this before I do it? Thanks

Pike are open all year in zone 17. You can use two tip ups you just need to be within 60 meters with an unobstructed view at all times. Oh, and if you catch a bunch of bass it's time to switch areas.

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Jan 25, 2018 - 06:50 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 26

Once in a while I go and target bass under the ice.................

T
H
O
S
E

R
O
C
K

B
A
S
S

Are fun!

PMEmail Poster
Roberge
Posted: Jan 27, 2018 - 09:51 pm

Fry

Member No.: 14842

Thereís always going to be that guy eh...

PM

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace