Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ice fishing lake scugog
JJMagnan
Posted: Jan 30, 2018 - 05:11 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15421

Hey all, been reading this forum for a long time just started posting to it. Just wondering how the crappie bite has been recently. I fish almost everyday of the week here at scugog and I use artificial baits micro for perch lots of perch but all small. Only the select few jumbos during the week. We live toward the view lake end and fish out by birch island...any info would be great. I assume every is using minnows and that the bite turns on around dark but I have only seen one crappie during the day.

PMEmail Poster
toner
Posted: Jan 30, 2018 - 07:04 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7546

The last couple of years the lake has gone totally to the dogs. With everyone just taking the larger perch out of the lake it has stunted most of the perch population in Scugog. It maybe time for the MNR to do some kind of restocking.

PMEmail Poster
ScoobyDube
Posted: Jan 30, 2018 - 09:46 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 12416

I just got back from a weekend ice bungalow on scugog, 5 guys lines in the water the whole time and only 5 crappie all weekend over 7.
Thousands of 4-6 perch to annoy you all day an night, crappie bite would be all over as far as times go. We caught a ton of little ones after dinner around 5:30, but Im talking 6 and under.
Still was an amazing trip, with a great bunch of friends.
We did have a visit from MNR Saturday, had all our licenses ready and pushed him out of the hut as fast as we could because he interrupted a good bite. Lol
Best part was landing my first Muskie through the ice on the new northland tackle glow spoon, not a huge one. It was 5-7pounds but had absolutely beautiful colours and a hell of a fight on a tiny crappie rod.
Im assuming it was a male, it had a bite mark on its side from a bigger Muskie. We did see a 40 + Muskie 4 different times that weekend at the other hut our group had, but she didnt want to bite our crappie rigs.

When we were there was tons of ice, we drove our trucks out.

PMEmail Poster
JJMagnan
Posted: Jan 31, 2018 - 10:10 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15421

Thanks guys. Great info...I know the crappie bite must be hot because the lake is packed every night.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace