Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Buckhorn Lake (upper), Ice fishing allowed or not?
Fish_Finder
Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 02:14 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15304

Hello fello frosty fishers,

Any one know if you can ice fish on Buckhorn legally? I know there is alot of flow and the ice is open near the center channel but i was thinking closer to shore where the ice is nice and thick.

Cheers!

PMEmail Poster
BuckhornBoulder
Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 03:27 pm

Egg

Member No.: 7102

I live on the lake (Six Foot Bay Resort Area) and the only huts you see out are off Emerald Island. Usually 3-5 huts. Mostly shallow water.

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 05:09 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11172

Please read and pay attention to the regulations if your not familiar with fishing the Kawarthas. You can find the regs at the top of the page. And be careful if you don't know the area. A spud bar is a must. Good luck and tight lines.

PMEmail Poster
Mandoolie01
Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 06:21 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 10801

Be very careful on Upper Buckhorn. LOTS of current. PM me if you want some details or want to go out one day. Iím really familiar with the lake.

PMEmail Poster
BuckhornBoulder
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 08:26 am

Egg

Member No.: 7102

we watched someone drive a sled down the middle of the channel last week we were pleased to see them return back down a few minutes later safely. Personally we don't venture to far out of the bay. And the bay is too shallow to ice fish

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace