Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Where can I find whities or walleyes?
colanut
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 09:56 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14818

Hi guys,

I want to try a new lake where the fishing is reasonable and the fish are bigger than Scugog. I have tried Simcoe at Virginia Beach a couple of years ago, but I only catch perch (decent size ones though), but the parking is brutal unless you park on the ice. I live in Port Perry, but don't mind the drive if there are fish. I only have a hand auger and pop up, so I don't want to walk out 5 miles on the ice, but a little exercise won't hurt me either. I will take any suggestions. I plan on going by myself, so if anyone want to meet up, please let me know. My tent holds two or three people, and I don't mind sharing.

PMEmail Poster
justfishing
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 06:33 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 1544

Have you tried Gull Lake Miners Bay its south of Minden park on Miners Bay rd
its a short walk out to Trout grounds and more

PMEmail Poster
toner
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 09:37 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7546

Your best bet at catching white fish would be Simcoe. Plus you can fish two lines. The MNR stocks the lake every year with thousands of them. If you don't have a sled I would just call some of the hut operators on the lake to see if they will taxi you out and back for a fee. They may let you park on there site also. The hardest part is always finding a place to park on any lake in the winter as if it snows the snowplow drivers have to do their job and clear the roads.

PMEmail Poster
colanut
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 07:12 pm

Smolt Trout

Thanks guys. I am going to Simcoe this weekend to see if I can get a whitey. Next will be Gull Lake in Minden.

PMEmail Poster
Dutch
Posted: Feb 07, 2018 - 05:20 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7179

QUOTE (colanut @ Feb 06, 2018 - 07:12 pm)
Thanks guys. I am going to Simcoe this weekend to see if I can get a whitey. Next will be Gull Lake in Minden.

Just a friendly reminder, you can only fish one line at Gull Lake, and there's a slot for trout. Good luck.

PMEmail Poster
colanut
Posted: Feb 07, 2018 - 08:13 pm

Smolt Trout

Thanks. I always check the regs whenever I fish a new lake. You never know who will stop by and I don't want to get caught doing something wrong. Summer fishing is too important to me to miss out because I was being lazy and didn't know the rules.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace