Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> West of Sudbury, Summer trip
Goshawk
Posted: Jan 20, 2018 - 12:07 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11890

Hey guys. I'm in the planning stages for a trip in late summer up north. I've enjoyed a few lakes up there, but wanted to expand my territory a bit.

Has anyone stayed at or fished Birchland (near Thessalon) or Lang Lake (south of Espanola)? I've been checking out their websites and they look like a good location for a 4 night trip (I'm stopping at the French River for 3 days on the way home). Are the facilities up to what's advertised?

Any information on these 2 locations would be greatly appreciated.

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Jan 27, 2018 - 04:51 pm

Lunker Trout

Update: I found out that Birchland doesn't do daily rentals during the timeframe I'll be heading that way, only full week. So that one is out.

So if anyone can help with Lang Lake resort it would be greatly appreciated.

PMEmail Poster
newf-dog
Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 07:48 am

Fry

Member No.: 9526

I can not speak for Lang lake but have you considered brennan harbour in Spanish? Multi species there. If it's late Aug you could drive to missisaugi river for the pink salmon run (if this is the right year).

Good luck

PMEmail Poster
CousinHippy
Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 10:28 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8483

X2 mississaugi falls for the salmon run...just not sure of lodging in the area

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 05:53 am

Lunker Trout

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll look into Brennan's.

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 06:07 pm

Lunker Trout

Well, after speaking with several resorts, it's looking like Brennan's is winning the race so far. Thanks for the suggestion.

PMEmail Poster
catchinabuzz
Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 06:35 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13496

Ive got lots of info on the local fishing spots around espanola if youre intested

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 06:27 am

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (catchinabuzz @ Feb 05, 2018 - 07:35 pm)
Ive got lots of info on the local fishing spots around espanola if youre intested

Most definitely interested. I've only fished at Waterfalls Lodge in that area a few years ago. I've never tried the waters of Lake Huron before but have heard so much about it. Appreciate any information you can provide.

PMEmail Poster
catchinabuzz
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 05:43 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13496

Birch lake north of Webbwood has awesome smallmouth and northern pike fishing, my go to lure is a 4 inch jointed rapala in a fire tiger pattern. The spanish river by Nairn Center has a good walleye run in the spring, orange worm harness will usually do. The mouth of the spanish is great fishing as well. One of the biggest walleyes ive seen was caught bottom bouncing a harness there. On manitoulin theres great rainbow fishing by the bridge on the burpee road i think its called and if you can get a boat the lake trout fishing is good too. Theres blue walleyes in some of the small lakes in that area too but they are a bit more precious to me to be given out on here haha. Goodluck man!

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 06:23 pm

Lunker Trout

Much appreciated Buzz. I will be looking for a couple of those area, particularly the Spanish River....I'll trailer over to that from the resort. Thanks a bunch.

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 06:59 pm

Lunker Trout

I've made my reservations at Brennan's Harbour for the end of August for 4 days. I plan on stopping at Memquisit Lodge for a second trip on the way home for 3 days. Should be a fun week.....I can hardly wait!!

PMEmail Poster
sparky302
Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 09:22 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 4572

QUOTE (catchinabuzz @ Feb 06, 2018 - 05:43 pm)
Birch lake north of Webbwood has awesome smallmouth and northern pike fishing, my go to lure is a 4 inch jointed rapala in a fire tiger pattern. The spanish river by Nairn Center has a good walleye run in the spring, orange worm harness will usually do. The mouth of the spanish is great fishing as well. One of the biggest walleyes ive seen was caught bottom bouncing a harness there. On manitoulin theres great rainbow fishing by the bridge on the burpee road i think its called and if you can get a boat the lake trout fishing is good too. Theres blue walleyes in some of the small lakes in that area too but they are a bit more precious to me to be given out on here haha. Goodluck man!

I really like Birch Lake north of Webbwood can't go wrong there !!!

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Goshawk
Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 08:46 pm

Lunker Trout

I just might have to drag the buggy up to Birch to check it out for one day. Thanks.

PMEmail Poster
fishncook
Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 10:57 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 15918

Onaping is a great lake,good walleye

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace