Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Stocked trout, Year class
coifishima
Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 08:49 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3284

I have a question about year class for lake trout. I caught 5 lakers today all about the same size16-18 all had the left pectoral fin clipped. Is there a way of telling when they were released based on the fin clipped? We also caught a few specks also stocked with clipped fins. Sparky any thoughts 🤔

PMEmail Poster
sparky302
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 02:15 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 4572

I know in zone 10 they do not clip fins but in minden area they do clip fins as it shows on the stocking list i would contact the Mnr in the area where you fish and they would be able to help you out.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
atventure
Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 12:01 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13515

I am also curious about this.
I cauht a couple Splake the other day in Zone 11. They were both around 10 inches and both had clipped fins. I was wondering if these fish were stocked this year or last year? How big exactly is a yearling Splake?

PMEmail Poster
Nuclear
Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 04:23 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 3419

I would think a year-ling would be any where from 6 to 8 inches long for a for sure answer contact the ministry depends on the species of fish as well.

PMEmail Poster
Icehog
Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 11:25 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7626

The best way to find out is to get in touch with the MNR. They can answer all your questions.

PMEmail Poster
coifishima
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 - 06:16 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3284

Minden fish stocking update. Lake trout with left pectoral fin clipped would have been released in 2015. As for rainbow trout apparently they do not clip them because they do not reproduce in the wild. I take that to mean that lakers do... I guess it makes sense because of their mating habits

PMEmail Poster
pjmcginty
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 - 05:07 pm

Fry

Member No.: 10669

Can you provide link to info, or did you just call?
I was curious about some Minden area lake trout I caught earlier this year; Adipose fin clipped. Love to see a list of years and corresponding clip. I've looked but I haven't been able to find anything. I knew Haliburton Highlands Outdoor Association stocked the lake I fish, so I emailed them. Never heard anything.

PMEmail Poster
Limacharley
Posted: Feb 28, 2018 - 10:22 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11791

go to Fish On Line
curser over to the lake you caught your fish
left hand side of screen will provide info like
-depth of lake
-avg depth
-species
-stocking classes

If i'm not mistaken, a trout will grow about 2"-3" per year and they are stocked at about 6 inches.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace