Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lake Rosseau mid lake
tbolduc
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 08:56 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7955

I notice on depth charts Rosseau has a few mid-lake humps and structure, but i'm not sure if it makes any difference vs just going on the shoreline/bay drop offs. Does anyone have any first hand experience? Just wondering if they're worth the hike. Not asking for or giving specific spots.

PMEmail Poster
lobo
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 10:06 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 8618

Most of them are long hikes and presently there is about a foot of snow on the ice.
If you have the opportunity to ride a snowmachine , it is best to find and fish these spots.
They are usually hard to find since maps are not super accurate, you may have to make several holes to find the perfect spot.
Once you are there you will have the best luck for lakers....hard to get to equates to lakers which are not as shy as they presently are on the usual spots.
If you have some dead minnows , cut them in half to break the bladder and they will sink.
Bait the holes and within half an hour you should have some luck.
Have one deadstick out with a dead minnow on the bottom with some slack line and fish the second hole with a jig and minnow or a white tube at all different depth.
Good luck !

PMEmail Poster
tbolduc
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 10:23 am

Parr Trout

Thanks. Is it typically the same strategy for Ling as it is for Lakers?

PMEmail Poster
CousinHippy
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 12:22 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8483

Any ling i have caught have been with dead salted minnows laying on bottom 45 min - 2hrs after dark and i found i had to start using my least favorite coloured ball jigs because more often than not they would inhale it so far I couldn't get anything back and I found even when they were hooked in the mouth I was bending the hooks into pretzels before they would give them back. Using stingers for the ling was just throwing money down the hole...thats my experience with them anyway

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 02:02 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

I had intended to check out 1 or 2 of those but will wait until we have less snow. I have been told that lakers tend to move unto those humps later in the year. I thought that maybe right now the trough between 2 humps, or a hump and the shoreline, might be a good passage way for trout as they tend to move around in search of bait/food.

PMEmail Poster
Seguin Fisher
Posted: Feb 06, 2018 - 03:36 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9952

You guys are overthinking Rosseau, I grew up fishing this lake and surrounding area and have fished darn near all over the entire lake both winter and summer. Trust me, the trout are everywhere out there. Sure, some places will hold more numbers than others, but Iíve caught them anywhere from drop offs, to points, humps, deep flats, and shallow bays. Itís funny, Iíve heard people say the big ones are deep, and I have caught some big ones in or near very deep water but Iíve also got my share of decent ones in spots where youíd think I was perch fishing ( which btw is almost nonexistent in Rosseau). Just saying .

PMEmail Poster
tbolduc
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 12:51 pm

Parr Trout

Seguin looks like you were right. Last weekend the gf and I walked 1km into the middle of the lake through the foot of snow and while good, the fishing wasn't any better on that shoal than anywhere else.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace