Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Gravenhurst, Gull lake park.
browns
Posted: Feb 08, 2018 - 08:55 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8626

Was thinking about not walking 5 km on simcoe tomorrow and going somewhere relatively easy to park and walk. Do people fish out of that park in the winter ? I work in muskoka all summer but only head up one or twice a year to fish lake of bays or Joe. I figure this might be a fairly used access and packed down a bit for walking. Any depth if I walk across to the rock face ....is the ice ###### or slushy ? Am I wasting my time lol. I'll have a buddy coming out to meet me so I but thought this might be easy and a place where he won't have to worry a out parking by the time he gets there.

PMEmail Poster
getnem
Posted: Feb 08, 2018 - 09:36 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15350

I live in town and never see anyone fishing Gull Lake out from the park. Maybe elsewhere on the lake? But, ya never know. It does drop off a fair bit off the rock face. I would think you'd be better off walking out onto Muskoka.

PMEmail Poster
browns
Posted: Feb 08, 2018 - 10:30 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8626

Ya I thought it might be a bad lake to fish lol ... looks like we're just hitting simcoe again and waiting a bit for Joe to open.

PMEmail Poster
HardlyCore
Posted: Feb 09, 2018 - 10:28 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8169

There was a hut out a few days ago. And a few sled tracks leaving the park. I keep meaning to try it out myself but haven't yet. I usually see people fishing on Gull on the east side of 11, if anywhere. But that's a long walk from Gravenhurst Park.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace