Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> OFAH
chazD
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 - 05:51 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11172

Just joined as a member today. Looks to be a good federation to be involved with. What do fellow board members think of OFAH?

PMEmail Poster
deerhunter
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 - 06:58 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10322

You're going to get some varying opinions on OFAH. I am a member and I think it is a great organization. In addition to being a strong lobby group for Ontario hunters and fishers, OFAH also provides other nice benefits to its members. Namely, its Ontario Out of Doors Magazine and, more importantly, $5,000,000 hunters' liability insurance.

PMEmail Poster
trapperdirk
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 - 07:26 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 4400

Yes I'm a disgruntled member and was for around 15 years till Spring Bear returned and never forget those sins but nothing wrong with you joining . How long have I been a member mostly ? Likely since they came about or since I could buy a membership . I just no longer have that warm gushy feeling . Must be 40 years plus .

TD

PM
chazD
Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 09:34 pm

Trophy Trout

Well I just hope the organization will do good for our resources. I figured any help they can get through membership cant hurt. Strength in numbers right?

PMEmail Poster
Sherlockbonez
Posted: Apr 28, 2018 - 12:51 am

Fry

Member No.: 13678

I was a member back in the early 90s when i was still in highschool, as was my father. I have not been part of that organization for years. I find them to be a group of useless liberal schills but its your money, so spend it how you like.

PMEmail Poster
Fishin fan
Posted: Apr 28, 2018 - 04:40 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 6321

Iím a member. I hope they do us some good. I also enjoy the OOD magazine u get. Mostly I joined so I can hunt in Simcoe county forests. You are supposed to be an ofah member to have a gun on these lands. I believe itís for the insurance.

Dave.

PMEmail Poster
mydogbites
Posted: Apr 28, 2018 - 06:16 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 414

I'm a member basically for the insurance, magazine and I truly believe they are one of the only groups that do get a voice at the discussion table. Not always do they get the results each of us want. But, who has ever given and got 100 percent of what they have lobbied for.

PMEmail Poster
SAVAGEPERCHER
Posted: Apr 28, 2018 - 03:05 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 6136

I have no problems with the OFAH but went with the NFA. The NFA seems to do more for the firearms community as well as there rates are reasonable

PMEmail Poster
7rubicon
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 01:02 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 574

Ofah are a good group in my opinion. They give us a voice at the government level. Been a member since 1983. They also help with stockings and environmental issues. Cheers 7r

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: May 10, 2018 - 09:27 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 3100

I will like them much more if I win a new truck come June 1st

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: May 13, 2018 - 08:07 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (mydogbites @ Apr 28, 2018 - 06:16 am)
I'm a member basically for the insurance, magazine and I truly believe they are one of the only groups that do get a voice at the discussion table. Not always do they get the results each of us want. But, who has ever given and got 100 percent of what they have lobbied for.

I'm a member and have been for about 15 years.

I agree totally with what Robert said.

SDC

PMEmail Poster
Leo
Posted: May 13, 2018 - 05:49 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 1042

I'm a member for 30 years and I suggest any fishermen or hunter should support them as they support us .
Dad and I getting on and most of our fishing is now Simcoe for WF and LT and Lake O for salmon . So far we've made 1 trip to the HQ's and donated a crap load of tackle boxes loaded with lures etc and rods and reels and some stuff that will work for them to give out as prizes when they host kids fishing on their pond. It's set up for people win wheelchairs as well . Some stuff I think they can add to the antique stuff room such as Dowagiak Spooks . We've got another 2 large tackle boxes loaded with stuff to take up again along with more prizes and rods and reels . Kinda makes you feel good some young kid that doesn't have a lot can appreciate this stuff. There's some stuff in those boxes still in original packages and I feel great thinking that a young kid will be going through them thinking they're in Aladdin's Cave

PMEmail Poster
Limacharley
Posted: May 14, 2018 - 09:29 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11791

QUOTE (trapperdirk @ Apr 25, 2018 - 07:26 pm)
Yes I'm a disgruntled member and was for around 15 years till Spring Bear returned and never forget those sins but nothing wrong with you joining . How long have I been a member mostly ? Likely since they came about or since I could buy a membership . I just no longer have that warm gushy feeling . Must be 40 years plus .

TD

What does OFAH have to do with bear hunting? Not sure I understand your comment.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
chazD
Posted: May 15, 2018 - 06:05 pm

Trophy Trout

Im glad to hear that most of you have positive things to say.

PMEmail Poster
Remington1100
Posted: May 21, 2018 - 06:02 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14662

The OFAH sucks as a lobby group.
They are in no position to lobby against anything for fear of losing their government status ( whatever that means) Lots of talk,but short on achievements.They have become a political group no different than the organizations they were first set up to fight.
Save your money. They are phoney and represent their own self interests. even their so called insurance is third party.Go with the CSSA ,the insurance is first party.
And no,they are not better than nothing.Would you not rather know you have no house insurance ,than to find out you don't when you really need it?
Better as hunters and fisherman we acknowledge they are useless,disband them,and put in their place an organization that can represent the interests of sportsman in this province,with real people who have a real passion and fortitude to tackle the issues and make a difference.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace