Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Nippissing or Ottawa river, Where to book?
Aquaholic
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 - 08:11 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10730

Hi all, season is fast approaching and with all this cold, looks like a great full season. With that being said, the boys and I are debating about where to go.
Can anyone help me out with some info, has anyone ever fished or stayed in the bungalows on the Ottawa river? We live exactly in the middle of nip and the Ottawa river and the last few trips to nippissing were not the best fishing wise.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all this season.

PMEmail Poster
nuzpaper
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 - 08:50 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2396

Go to Nippissing. Leave the Ottawa river fish for me;)

PMEmail Poster
Tops
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 - 11:17 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 5369

Went to Ottawa river last year. Had a good time catching Walleye lots of Saucer and a surprise Sturgeon but it's Nippising this year

PMEmail Poster
Aquaholic
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 - 11:22 am

Parr Trout

Thanks for the quick response. How would you compare the fishing?

PMEmail Poster
nuzpaper
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 - 11:29 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2396

Like tops said. The Ottawa can be good for eyes and Sauger if you can get on them. You can catch pike pretty much anywhere. Also a lot of big ling and channel cats if you are night fishing. Not many perch in my area though. You might even hook the odd trout. It will have to go back down the hole though.

PMEmail Poster
Tops
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 - 01:16 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 5369

I used to go to Nippising revert year but tried other places cause Nippising wasn't very good but hoping with regs changed fishing will be decent. Always liked Nippising because you never know what you will catch

PMEmail Poster
Aquaholic
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 - 02:48 pm

Parr Trout

Thank you all for the info, I believe our group is going to head back to nip. Now to decide on an operator. We have stayed with ice bungalows and south shore ice condos. Both times we had a blast but the fishing each time was a little tougher. One thing I have always said, the beer is always cold, always have great company and the fish are a bonus.
Good luck to all this season.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace