Outdoors Forum
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Minimum wage hike
Chevy
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 08:36 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

Anyone starting to see price increases because minimum wage went up. Had my first taste at the bakery a week ago Sunday ( everything had a price increase) My neighbour had a pizza delivered, the box had a sticker stating a price increase due to the recent wage increase. Went today for my pre ice fishing haircut and it's jumped up in price.
Got to say, I don't like it ... no sir, I don't like it one bit.
What's your guys thoughts on this.

PMEmail Poster
perchinator
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 09:06 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4768

everything they to do to supposly help the little guy really just pushes the broom higher up our A. this country is going to the crapper

PMEmail Poster
Dbfish
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 09:17 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1601

I noticed prices on lots of things at CanTire are higher.Dollarama, Tim hortons, just about everywhere.We all pay more,but if i was making 11.60 an hour before the hike i would be quite happy to go to 14$ an hour!

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 09:20 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 67

Wynn says Tim Hortons are bullies!!!

The real bully is Wynn and the Liberals buying votes at the expense of the businessman and you and I.

SDC

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 10:13 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

It's nothing more than government artificial induced inflation. Raise the wages, everything else has to go up too to pay for the raise in wages. The lemmings and sheeple are so stupid to believe they will be further ahead, more likely less so. But, they will vote for the liberals again. This whole country has gone over the cliff, unfortunately too late to do anything about it. Most people don't want to live within their means, the personal debt ratio proves that. People spend 170% of what they make, for those that don't understand, if you make $100 paycheck, you rack up $170 spending, EVERY paycheck. Just wait until the bank rates go up a few more points. No sympathy for those that have no restraint.

PM
1SHOT
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 - 11:19 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7181

$14.00 hourly is still by far not a fair wage. Take the Aussie's they are $18.29 and for example

"A dozen eggs will be about $5.00. A loaf of bread around $3.50 and a 2-litre bottle of milk is $2.00"

Basically exactly what we pay here for stuff, Now I know you can get eggs for cheaper then $5 dozen, but if buying lets say Free Range they are $5 a dozen.

I' m not going into history blah blah blah, but this crap is criminal.

I personally never use automated Tellers at the Bank - I go to the Counter.

I don't use them dam self checkout things at any store I go to a Person.

etc etc.

If they gonna push back about wage hikes - I will do my part to keep a warm body employed at the cash, phones etc etc.

PM
Icemanjay
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 06:07 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 13620

These liberals have caused so much trouble my great grandkids will still be paying for it! The crap politicians get away with for their own personal gain is unreal. Wynn should be doing time for the mess she's caused.

PMEmail Poster
hammerincameron
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 10:05 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 5503

30% of the workforce earn minimum wage in Ontario, most of these jobs aren't even fulltime. How else are they going to pay their hydro bills?

PMEmail Poster
Limacharley
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 10:28 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11791

if you're relying on that minimum wage job to support a family, you'll be poor your whole life.
Its not bad if its the second income in a family unit and you can keep your expenses in check.

stay in school, enter the trades and be prepared to move for work. then and only then will you live better.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Tombo
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 10:51 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13130

With a min wage at $14, at least the people on welfare have a little incentive to work! The way it was, it was better for alot of them to just keep collecting welfare and collect extra off of non taxed odd jobs.

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 11:03 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6517

QUOTE (hammerincameron @ Jan 23, 2018 - 11:05 am)
30% of the workforce earn minimum wage in Ontario, most of these jobs aren't even fulltime. How else are they going to pay their hydro bills?

Most of the minimum wages are students, they don't pay the hydo,nor do they pay rent or for food. Most of the money will be wasted and put back Into the government. They know what they are doing .

I read a report that they want to change the age of adolescence from 10-18 to 10-25 . What have we done to our children?
My 13 year old daughter is pump to get a job she knows she has to wait till next year. also her community hours for high school will be complete before she even starts high school. She starts in July and will have 40 hours complete before Sept. My oldest had her hours complete as well by the time she went to high school. As parents it's our responsibility to ready them for life not wrap them in a bubble and let them do nothing .

Either way there is needs and wants most people don't understand the difference between the two. Just like fisherman said more people spend way to much not because they need to ,it's because they want too.

PMEmail Poster
Bayliner
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 11:03 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22

As much as I hate everything the Lieberals do, this isn't such a bad thing. It gives lower income earners a chance at a disposable income, thus spending and helping the economy.

As for any business that "ups" their prices citing the new minimum wage such as the hair cut as was mentioned is full of it. I know several people who do hair and all of them make much more than $14.00 per hour. Walk out of places that do this. They are just gouging.

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 11:06 am

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Tombo @ Jan 23, 2018 - 11:51 am)
With a min wage at $14, at least the people on welfare have a little incentive to work! The way it was, it was better for alot of them to just keep collecting welfare and collect extra off of non taxed odd jobs.

Most of the people on welfare live better than the rest of us ,why would they want to change that and go to work lol.
Sad but true

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 11:24 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

By raising the minimum wage to $14 the Liberals have moved these workers into a higher tax bracket and out of the split of the increase a higher percentage is going to the government in taxes than into the workers pockets???

Great government we have isn't it

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 11:33 am

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (FatRap @ Jan 23, 2018 - 12:24 pm)
By raising the minimum wage to $14 the Liberals have moved these workers into a higher tax bracket and out of the split of the increase a higher percentage is going to the government in taxes than into the workers pockets???

Great government we have isn't it

So true they will now make more then the 10 thousand and pay their far share of taxes. Never even thought of that.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace