Outdoors Forum
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Minimum wage hike
mydogbites
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 01:19 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 414

How else will they be able to afford cannabis when it becomes legal. Government is not stupid just very sly, give a little, get a lot. A vicious circle. The saying holds true the more you make the more you spend.

PMEmail Poster
HardlyCore
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 01:24 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8169

I'd love to know how someone can think that minimum wage earners live better than those making more. Sounds cynical and unfounded to me. Sources?

I hate the current joke of a corrupt government we have running this place into the ground. The wage hike might give some min wage earners a chance to get ahead, but I'm not making more because of it. I just got poorer due to the (extremely justified) price increases.

I use automated tellers as often as I can. Not my job to make someone else's job useful. Fact is, automation will keep happening. I'm fine with it.

It's a tough world, and I got to where I am (which is just fairly comfortable) the hard way. Only 7 years ago I had a new apartment in a new town, with two minimum wage jobs in the household while supporting a kid and paying daycare along with rent and utilities. You figure it out when you have to. If you can't, I don't want to pay for it!

PMEmail Poster
VBB
Posted: Jan 24, 2018 - 08:13 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 9650

I ran a franchise and was just able to break even. Only had 2 employees and after this hike had to sell the business. Fair or not it's here to stay. Did I mention I did 3000 plus price changes enforced by head office of 30 percent or more in 3 weeks? Dollarama??? Just try to find something there that's actually a dollar these days..

PMEmail Poster
Miha
Posted: Jan 24, 2018 - 08:42 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4230

The money is just a paper. It doesn't matter what's the minimal wadge. What matters is the relative difference between average "low" and average "high" wages. Somebody made a hike from what? $11.25 to $14. Cool, right? Cool until you think about it.

What does a guy on an "advanced" position who earned $14 before the hike think? Now the entry level position pays exactly the same as his, but he has, say 5 years of experience and started @ $10. Won't he be a happy camper, eh?
So he'll go to the boss to ask for at least $2.75 raise. The boss agrees and gives him $16.25 and adds $2.75/hr to the price of goods/services business provides. But hey, there is a guy with 7 years under the belt who makes $16/hr...

At the final round everybody will get their raises, the prices will adjust upwards accordingly and the situation will return to status quo. Unless of course the business goes t### up.

This looks good for our best friends in government before the next election, but actually it doesn't make any real economical sense.

PMUsers Website
Fisherman
Posted: Jan 24, 2018 - 09:45 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (Miha @ Jan 24, 2018 - 08:42 pm)
The money is just a paper. It doesn't matter what's the minimal wadge. What matters is the relative difference between average "low" and average "high" wages. Somebody made a hike from what? $11.25 to $14. Cool, right? Cool until you think about it.

What does a guy on an "advanced" position who earned $14 before the hike think? Now the entry level position pays exactly the same as his, but he has, say 5 years of experience and started @ $10. Won't he be a happy camper, eh?
So he'll go to the boss to ask for at least $2.75 raise. The boss agrees and gives him $16.25 and adds $2.75/hr to the price of goods/services business provides. But hey, there is a guy with 7 years under the belt who makes $16/hr...

At the final round everybody will get their raises, the prices will adjust upwards accordingly and the situation will return to status quo. Unless of course the business goes t### up.

This looks good for our best friends in government before the next election, but actually it doesn't make any real economical sense.

Easy way of getting people to understand it. Now where is my raise, gas just went up again.

PM

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace