Outdoors Forum
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> There Goes All Hope for Ontario!, 4 more years of inept leadership
ronzigator
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 07:09 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11378

FWIW, these women didn't voluntarily come forward with accusations, CTV did an investigation and tracked them down, and then convinced them to tell their stories. So, if you're angry that these women have come forward, get angry at CTV. Not at the women. They're just telling you what happened.

https://www.cp24.com/news/women-who-accused...orter-1.3775056

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 10:25 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 67

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star-column...o-fairness.html

I don't have a lot of use for the Toronto Star==too left wing for my liking, but I have a lot of respect and admiration for one of their writers--Rosie di Manno.
That lady makes so much sense and calls it like it is.

Follow the above link and read her article.

SDC

PMEmail Poster
RCRward
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 11:07 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9845

QUOTE (Knuguy @ Jan 25, 2018 - 07:03 pm)
And the moral to this story(and Bill C's ears ago) is that it's OK to screw the voters enmasse but not 1 at a time

Hahaha Perfect!

PM
HardlyCore
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 11:36 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8169

QUOTE (sdcaller @ Jan 26, 2018 - 10:25 am)

I don't have a lot of use for the Toronto Star==too left wing for my liking, but I have a lot of respect and admiration for one of their writers--Rosie di Manno.

SDC

Holy F@$K that was a refreshing read! The women in my life tend to see what is happening now as a witch hunt, just like most of the men I know feel. To see a women in media actually tell it like it is is amazing! I will read more from this journalist in the future.

Thanks SDC

PMEmail Poster
nuzpaper
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 11:40 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2396

QUOTE (sdcaller @ Jan 26, 2018 - 10:25 am)

SDC

Spot on

PMEmail Poster
hammerincameron
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 12:18 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 5503

Sounds like a "Witch Hunt" and a "Character Assassination" against Patrick Brown to me. Not sure where any offence was committed but it looks like Patrick's political career and reputation has paid the price. Could just be more "Fake News" or something more facetious perpetrated here, be it Kathleen Reddenbacher or members from within his own party not happy with his Leadership abilities. I find it somewhat suspicious the way his campaign leaders abandoned him pretty much forcing him to resign and Vic Fideli representing Mike Harris's old riding stepping right up to fill the position with Christine Elliott out of the way. I agree with Rose diManno "where are the balls in this party"(apparently they are on Vic Fideli).

I don't really have any faith in any of the three parties to represent Ontario without corporate influence being front and foremost on their agendas. i will be spoiling my ballot and voting with my dollar wherever possible.

Here is an interesting take on this sexual harassment movement.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UuL25FBWRk[/YOUTUBE]

PMEmail Poster
ronzigator
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 12:45 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11378

That's what I'm not sure I understand. I can't figure out why his party forced him to step down, other than they were scared to death of negative backlash. I don't get why they didn't stand by him and his statement, and let the truth come out. If the claims are what they've been stated to be, then perhaps you could call his behaviour creepy, but I don't really see the sexual assault component of what happened and the necessity to kick him out.

PMEmail Poster
hammerincameron
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 01:42 pm

Trophy Trout

Well I dunno, Winnie the poo has been beating on the campaign drum and barely a peep out of Brown until now.

PMEmail Poster
nuzpaper
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 02:36 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2396

QUOTE (ronzigator @ Jan 26, 2018 - 12:45 pm)
That's what I'm not sure I understand. I can't figure out why his party forced him to step down, other than they were scared to death of negative backlash. I don't get why they didn't stand by him and his statement, and let the truth come out. If the claims are what they've been stated to be, then perhaps you could call his behaviour creepy, but I don't really see the sexual assault component of what happened and the necessity to kick him out.

Because it's such a hot topic right now that any allegation ruins someone. True or not. They had to move on for the party. Unfortunately Patrick takes the hit and falls by the wayside.

Single guy hitting on legal age girls and when they decided they didn't want to go any further asked him to stop. He did and drove them home. That ruins your life now. smh

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 07:50 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (hammerincameron @ Jan 26, 2018 - 12:18 pm)
Sounds like a "Witch Hunt" and a "Character Assassination" against Patrick Brown to me. Not sure where any offence was committed but it looks like Patrick's political career and reputation has paid the price. Could just be more "Fake News" or something more facetious perpetrated here, be it Kathleen Reddenbacher or members from within his own party not happy with his Leadership abilities. I find it somewhat suspicious the way his campaign leaders abandoned him pretty much forcing him to resign and Vic Fideli representing Mike Harris's old riding stepping right up to fill the position with Christine Elliott out of the way. I agree with Rose diManno "where are the balls in this party"(apparently they are on Vic Fideli).

I don't really have any faith in any of the three parties to represent Ontario without corporate influence being front and foremost on their agendas. i will be spoiling my ballot and voting with my dollar wherever possible.

Here is an interesting take on this sexual harassment movement.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UuL25FBWRk[/YOUTUBE]

Sure liked that video and so did my wife.

We just watched it and it sure makes sense to us. Mirrors our views.

SDC

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 07:56 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

Excellent video. Should be a must see at everyones place of employment.

PM
sdcaller
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 08:15 pm

World Record Trout

My wife and I were in a grocery store in Orillia this afternoon and the people in line in front of us, the cashier and ourselves were all angry and disgusted by the action of these 2 "accusers" as well as the action of the PC Caucus.

If you are going to accuse someone you should have the "guts" to stand up and be recognized, not hide behind something and snipe at a person.

Then the "slavering pack of media jackals' takes over and destroys someones reputation based on heresay. Trial by media--forget the legal system.

Personally, I think Patrick Brown should "out" these 2 women by naming them and telling his side of the story.

SDC

PMEmail Poster
Bayliner
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 08:19 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22

QUOTE (sdcaller @ Jan 26, 2018 - 08:15 pm)
My wife and I were in a grocery store in Orillia this afternoon and the people in line in front of us, the cashier and ourselves were all angry and disgusted by the action of these 2 "accusers" as well as the action of the PC Caucus.

If you are going to accuse someone you should have the "guts" to stand up and be recognized, not hide behind something and snipe at a person.

Then the "slavering pack of media jackals' takes over and destroys someones reputation based on heresay. Trial by media--forget the legal system.

Personally, I think Patrick Brown should "out" these 2 women by naming them and telling his side of the story.

SDC

X2

Very well said.

PMEmail Poster
hammerincameron
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 08:30 pm

Trophy Trout

Thanks. We (my wife and I) share the same view also, well at least about that

And here comes Karma
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/01/26...llegations.html