Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> [Sunday Oct 1] Kayak perching, Cook's Bay
xiaolu
Posted: Oct 01, 2017 - 01:50 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Now that Simcoe laker season is over....

Fished Cook's Bay area for perch this morning with a few buddies, and caught a few jumbo ones plus lots of keepers

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Dee004
Posted: Oct 01, 2017 - 04:31 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 12369

Nice going. We ventured out early in the fog but just got a pile of drinks. Did manage a couple of bass and a7lb pike though.

PMEmail Poster
zreel
Posted: Oct 01, 2017 - 04:51 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 4448

Thats a great meal of Perch , I have a question for you as you have inspired me and my daughter , we do have a power boat but love the idea of fishing from the Kayak .... My daughter wants to know if your think your kayak with the pontoons would flip over if you had a dog in it and the dog jumped out .... Thanks for the inspiration ...

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Oct 01, 2017 - 06:48 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

That's a nice catch.

PM
xiaolu
Posted: Oct 01, 2017 - 07:43 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (zreel @ Oct 01, 2017 - 04:51 pm)
Thats a great meal of Perch , I have a question for you as you have inspired me and my daughter , we do have a power boat but love the idea of fishing from the Kayak .... My daughter wants to know if your think your kayak with the pontoons would flip over if you had a dog in it and the dog jumped out .... Thanks for the inspiration ...

If you have pontoons/stabilizer attached to your kayak, I think it shall be ok. Of course you must make sure the support arms of the pontoons are strong enough (I have seen quite a few cases from other kayakers of this arm broken on water due to high wind/waves, and make sure the attachment (where the arms are attached to the kayak) is strong enough.

I use the stabilizer from SCOTTY, as seen on the pic below:

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
xiaolu
Posted: Oct 01, 2017 - 07:50 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (xiaolu @ Oct 01, 2017 - 07:43 pm)
Thats a great meal of Perch , I have a question for you as you have inspired me and my daughter , we do have a power boat but love the idea of fishing from the Kayak .... My daughter wants to know if your think your kayak with the pontoons  would flip over if you had a dog in it and the dog jumped out .... Thanks for the inspiration ...

If you have pontoons/stabilizer attached to your kayak, I think it shall be ok. Of course you must make sure the support arms of the pontoons are strong enough (I have seen quite a few cases from other kayakers of this arm broken on water due to high wind/waves, and make sure the attachment (where the arms are attached to the kayak) is strong enough.

I use the stabilizer from SCOTTY, as seen on the pic below:

Attached Image

For example, this is what happened to my buddy's kayak stabilizer/pontoon support arm just yesterday (Saturday Sept 30) while fishing for perch on Cook's Bay, due to strong wind/waves. Exactly what I meant!:-)

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
zreel
Posted: Oct 06, 2017 - 11:53 am

Smolt Trout

Thank you so very very much ... it looks like I know what to get her for her Birthday .... Cheers Zreel

PMEmail Poster
swiftdeer
Posted: Oct 06, 2017 - 01:15 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11020

I have been fishing out the Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 for about 10 yrs now and love it...I find it to be a very a stable kayak, tracks well, and can hold a ton of gear and equipment. I don't use stabilizers on it, never found the need to. That said, during the warm summer months, heck even in May sometimes and into October, I often sit sideways in the kayak and have my feet hanging in the water. It's a great way to keep cool on those hot sunny days, plus slows down the drift. Great kayaks.

PMEmail Poster
zreel
Posted: Oct 10, 2017 - 09:56 am

Smolt Trout

Thank you ....

PMEmail Poster
fisheater
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 05:47 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 2810

Nice catch, beautiful pictures!
BTW,where did you buy this floating fish basket/net?
Cheers.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 01:31 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (fisheater @ Oct 17, 2017 - 05:47 am)
Nice catch, beautiful pictures!
BTW,where did you buy this floating fish basket/net?
Cheers.

I bought it from Bass City in Markham (Hwy 7 and Main St area)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
spooner
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 02:26 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 778

nice haul x-man!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace