Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> fishing success
dickie
Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 05:27 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 124

I'm sure that quite a bit of fishing has gone on in the last week, however the reports are slow to come. I'm going up to sandybay from the 16th to the 19th. I will give a report when I come back. In the meantime I would like to hear what has been happening on lake nipissing. . P.S. somehow we have to keep this forum a little busier.

PMEmail Poster
NorthernAngler
Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 06:01 pm

Fry

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 731

Report from Greening Bay Cottages (Jan 7th):

This fish are finally and most definitely on!! Everyone nailed the walleye this morning and as of 9:30, the perch arrived. Also, another 8-9 lb. ling caught. Don't know what's up with that this year but hey, if you like "freshwater lobster", they're there for the taking. Sorry Joe. Looks like you left a day early but hey, thanks alot for the light!!

The fish are finally starting to really come on. Perch came in yesterday although they're not quite as abundant just yet. Lots of pickerel caught. Another big one caught during the morning run by Greg Crook, weighing in at 8.9 lb. See "ice fishing" page for a picture. I went out in the afternoon and missed quite a few but managed to get one keeper. The walleye are biting light in our area and are full of minnows. Word is everyone is catching pretty good on the lake right now.

PMEmail Poster
backwoodsmanbob
Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 09:08 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 98

Hey guys, am looking to move up there soon, I hope. How about some pictures

PMEmail Poster
dickie
Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 09:54 pm

Adult Trout

thanks for the report northangler, Nice to hear that fish are being caught.

PMEmail Poster
NorthernAngler
Posted: Jan 10, 2012 - 09:01 am

Fry

Member No.: 731

Report from Greening Bay Cottages (Jan 9th):

Went out yesterday afternoon and fishing was excellent. I caught my limit in walleye and also about 15 perch, 3 of which were a really good size so brought them home. I'm telling you though, the wallys are tough to get right now. Just hitting very light and if you're not right on the line, you miss them. I had several on for a few seconds before they got off. I also had a 10+ lb. something on last night and got it up to the hole but lost it. Still don't know what it was as I only saw it's belly (which was white) so could have been a hog, ling or pike. It broke the line and took my hook at any rate. I was surprised I got it up as far as the hole because I knew the line wasn't going to hold it. Full moon and all, fishing's good right now.

PMEmail Poster
skdmark
Posted: Jan 11, 2012 - 11:37 am

Unregistered

Hey dickie,
2 of us were at SandBay from the 4th to 7th. It was one of the best trips for fishing we have had in a long time at Nip. Pretty sure I have seen on old board you mention Sandy Bay before so you know Jeff always has his huts in a productive area but the last few years have been tough. This year was great. Lots of perfect walleye just below the slot and plenty of big perch, many of which were reminding more of Simcoe size....
If Jeff has moved his huts to main reef when you get there he will get you to a good spot. If still on his first reef ask for hut 6. we had 2 days with just my buddy and I there and we went back and forth and kept going back to 6....
Good luck be sure to post how you do.

dickie
Posted: Jan 11, 2012 - 05:03 pm

Adult Trout

Thanks for the report skdmark. Glad you guys had good luck. I hope to catch a few as well, I'll report when we get back. Jeff always does his best to get you on fish.

PMEmail Poster
sandybay
Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 10:36 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 998

Here is a pic from this morning. Same guy caught the 24.5" and 26". Notice the hut #

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
skdmark
Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 12:24 pm

Unregistered

I am having a lot of trouble with this site.... Seems everytime I log in i kicks me over to teh Simcoe side then when I come back to the Nip side I am just a guest.... Able to then post replies if I log in again.
Let's see if this works as I am trying to see the picture from SB assuing it is hut 6

skdmark
Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 12:26 pm

Unregistered

There we go, of course hut 6....
both nice fish!

admin
Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 12:38 pm

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hey skdmark,
Yes, when you login it takes you to the Lake Simcoe forum, all forums are child forms of the Simcoe Board. Once logged in, just click the green button "Lake Nipissing" and you should already be logged in here and ready to go. One login gets you into all the boards.
Jerry

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Longshank
Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 03:06 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Nice catch there guys.

Jeff is a great operator to go with as well......

I hope you do well dickie.looking forward to your report.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
CravingIce
Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 03:12 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 1020

Two really nice walleyes. Hoping to get into one or two of those myself early next week!

PMEmail Poster
WallyDiver
Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 06:58 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 525

Nice walleye!!! Good to see fishing reports from Nipissing.

PMEmail Poster
walleyehunter
Posted: Jan 12, 2012 - 07:25 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 750

That's a happy group of fisherman. Nice walters. Keep the reports coming!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace