Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ice Fishing 2019, Who's going to Light-up
deerhunter
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 - 10:37 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10322

Thought I'd be the first one to throw this out. With legalization of marijuana this summer who is planning on bringing a little weed on the 2019 annual ice fishing trip? And who is planning on bringing a lot - enough to turn the ice bungalow into a veritable smoker? And what about the law. Will the same drinking rules apply, i.e. will you only be able to smoke up in your bungalow or withing 30 feet of it? I was just wondering. I myself can't say what I'll do because I still feel it is taboo to talk about freely smoking dope while ice fishing. Tight lines in 2019 and don't step in the ice fishing hole.

PMEmail Poster
nuzpaper
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 - 11:48 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2396

Do operators allow smoking in their huts? Not talking about weed but cigs. I've never rented one but I would think that smoking wouldn't be allowed these days. I smoke cigs and would go outside for the consideration of other people in the hut. I fish in a buddies hut and always go outside to smoke. I don't smoke weed so I wouldn't want the smell to be soaked in my clothes or be sitting in a cloud of it. Contact high;)

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 - 01:20 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

When you rent a bungalow it becomes your place of residence for the time you are there, what you do in your place of residence is basically up to you.

PMEmail Poster
ldub
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 - 02:53 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4441

I Disagree. I believe it would be up to the operator. That being said I've never been in a hut that didn't allow smoking.

PMEmail Poster
atventure
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 - 03:09 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13515

I don't smoke but if I did I would never do it in a rented hut just out of respect of the owners/other renters. (smell)
As far as weed being legalized and smoking on the ice, I'm sure anyone who smokes weed haven't hesitated to do so in the past, so nothing will likely really change out there.

PMEmail Poster
ldub
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 - 03:23 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4441

Agree, people will keep doing what they have always been doing . As far as hot boxing your ice hut with cigarette smoke, not my cup of tea, but to each there own.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 - 03:45 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

The day I can't smoke in a bungalow is the last day I will be there, maybe

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Warlock
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 - 04:59 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 8012

I don't think anything will change that hasn't already been done...might have to start a pizza business on the ice!

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 - 05:25 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (Warlock @ Mar 19, 2018 - 04:59 pm)
I don't think anything will change that hasn't already been done...might have to start a pizza business on the ice!

I will be a customer for sure

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Fisherman
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 - 06:13 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

I can just see it, a SnoBear emblazoned with PIZZAVILLE slowly making the rounds.

PM
Warlock
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 - 06:50 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 8012

More like puddle jumpin pizza in a hovercraft!

PMEmail Poster
Northhunter
Posted: Mar 20, 2018 - 01:56 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3521

That's been a pondering of mine for a while. We've had this thing about having pizza out on the ice. Our group hasn't ever been big enough to warrant paying for a 6 or 8 man with the oven, and the one time we got upgraded the damn thing didn't work lol Tried cooking Delissio's on the little barbecues that are provided.. hint; don't attempt it. Especially if it's after dark and your hungry
The pizza joints in town won't even deliver to the south shore, never mind a bungalow.

It would be a little gold mine, I'm sure. Delivery would be a joke though.. "Yeah, we're uh... in a silver sided ice hut next to Calander bay, we think. It actually looks exactly like all the others scattered around us..."

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Mar 20, 2018 - 07:34 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (Northhunter @ Mar 20, 2018 - 01:56 am)
It would be a little gold mine, I'm sure. Delivery would be a joke though.. "Yeah, we're uh... in a silver sided ice hut next to Calander bay, we think. It actually looks exactly like all the others scattered around us..."

GPS equipped Pizza delivery.

PM
Grumpa
Posted: Mar 20, 2018 - 10:02 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 4676

Right on Fisherman.
Most phones are either equipped with a GPS app built in or you can just download a GPS mapping app.
Pin your spot and share it with the delivery place. That's how I send friends and family out to my various fishing spots off of Deep Water Pt. each summer and winter. Works amazingly well and surprising very accurate. Down south places use flags or some other type of markers on the huts for bait and supply deliveries on the ice. If someone thinks there's money to be made....a workable system would eventually be developed.
Next...free WiFi hotspots in every hut?.....the options then become endless.
I remember when a TV in an overnighter was considered a huge leap forward in convenience (an operator in Callander told one of our 8 man groups back then..."we're light years ahead of the competition").
Sorry to further derail the posted topic.

PM
fishmagnet
Posted: Mar 20, 2018 - 10:35 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

Get a pizza or other food delivered by a drone..
It won't be long, it's already happening in other places in the world...

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace