Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Trip suggestions under 1000$
j.thomson
Posted: May 07, 2018 - 05:46 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 13399

Hey everyone,

So me and the gf are looking for a trip to do under $1000 combined ( for the accomodations). We both love fishing are looking for something new. Looking for suggestions on places to go and stay. Any and all recommendations are welcome. We are from Newmarket area but willing to drive upto 8 hours. We have a boat we can bring also so no worries on that.

Cheers Thanks everyone ! Tight Lines.

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: May 07, 2018 - 06:19 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11890

The one lodge that I would recommend is Waterfalls Lodge north of Spanish. I spent a week there a couple of years ago with 5 other guys and it was simply fantastic. I didn't have a boat then so I took the included boat. The facilities are excellent, the food is excellent (and you'll never leave the dining room not stuffed to the gills!) and it's really easy to get to.

www.waterfallslodge.com/

If you are interested, PM me and I'll give you the details.

PMEmail Poster
jmah
Posted: May 08, 2018 - 08:26 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10488

Beaverland in Marten River

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: May 08, 2018 - 09:07 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8318

your willingness to drive should open a lot of doors, we haven't done that for a number of years so i'm sure prices have changed. my favourite was just north of gowganda on a lake called argyle, the resort was called argyle lake lodge, we also stayed on mistinikon lake a couple years before in the same area both were beautiful but argyle was excellent! logging road in, no traffic, few people and an incredible setting. nice little sandy beach with good walleye and pike. a truly relaxing vacation.

if not the decision to throw down roots in the west arm as its closer and I prefer the larger water system we would have surely went back regularly. but many great options in Ontario's north and near north. for me personally anywhere that hasn't been populated to the 9's with people, jetskis and boats is the place for me.

unfortunately even our area now is becoming more and more populated with ignorant clowns on jetskis and huge boats who could care less about wake. have they never thought about going into an unpopulated bay or area to waterski, jetski and run cabincruisers at half full {worse wake than wide open} ??? they tear up everyones docks and boathouses without a care, not to mention the toll it takes on docked boats and god forbid children swimming.

good luck hope you find a great vacation!

PMEmail Poster
Pretzelboy
Posted: May 08, 2018 - 02:02 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3328

QUOTE (Goshawk @ May 07, 2018 - 06:19 pm)
The one lodge that I would recommend is Waterfalls Lodge north of Spanish. I spent a week there a couple of years ago with 5 other guys and it was simply fantastic. I didn't have a boat then so I took the included boat. The facilities are excellent, the food is excellent (and you'll never leave the dining room not stuffed to the gills!) and it's really easy to get to.

www.waterfallslodge.com/

Good to hear! I'm booked for Waterfalls in September for the first time. Hope my experience is as good as yours.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: May 08, 2018 - 02:26 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

QUOTE (Pretzelboy @ May 08, 2018 - 04:02 pm)

www.waterfallslodge.com/

Good to hear! I'm booked for Waterfalls in September for the first time. Hope my experience is as good as yours.

Changing it up this year I see

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: May 08, 2018 - 08:47 pm

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Pretzelboy @ May 08, 2018 - 03:02 pm)

www.waterfallslodge.com/

If you enjoy quiet waters (not many other boats out there and there are very few cottages on the main lake), great fishing and excellent service, I think you'll have a blast there. Rob and Kathy are wonderful hosts and they'll do whatever it takes to make your stay the best it can be.
Oh, one thing more. Don't forget to take a trip on the lake below the falls. A lot of the employees live along the shoreline, and they have a couple of their boats down there for the resort guests to use. It's a strict catch and release lake (where they get their brood stock for the walleye and smallmouth stocking in the main lake), so make sure to bring your camera. I caught my PB walleye down on this lake.

PMEmail Poster
j.thomson
Posted: May 10, 2018 - 10:40 pm

Fry

www.waterfallslodge.com/

looks really nice but 795 PP is out of our budget trying to keep it under 1000$ combined for the stay

PMEmail Poster
j.thomson
Posted: May 10, 2018 - 10:41 pm

Fry

QUOTE (westarm @ May 08, 2018 - 09:07 am)
your willingness to drive should open a lot of doors, we haven't done that for a number of years so i'm sure prices have changed. my favourite was just north of gowganda on a lake called argyle, the resort was called argyle lake lodge, we also stayed on mistinikon lake a couple years before in the same area both were beautiful but argyle was excellent! logging road in, no traffic, few people and an incredible setting. nice little sandy beach with good walleye and pike. a truly relaxing vacation.

if not the decision to throw down roots in the west arm as its closer and I prefer the larger water system we would have surely went back regularly. but many great options in Ontario's north and near north. for me personally anywhere that hasn't been populated to the 9's with people, jetskis and boats is the place for me.

unfortunately even our area now is becoming more and more populated with ignorant clowns on jetskis and huge boats who could care less about wake. have they never thought about going into an unpopulated bay or area to waterski, jetski and run cabincruisers at half full {worse wake than wide open} ??? they tear up everyones docks and boathouses without a care, not to mention the toll it takes on docked boats and god forbid children swimming.

good luck hope you find a great vacation!

awesome reply thank you, yea we are looking at the west arm or even now thinking of doing a multiple location trip trying to hit a bunch of different areas.

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: May 11, 2018 - 03:39 am

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (j.thomson @ May 10, 2018 - 11:40 pm)

www.waterfallslodge.com/

looks really nice but 795 PP is out of our budget trying to keep it under 1000$ combined for the stay

The prices have probably changed since last year, but I was planning on a trip with one of my buddies last year and I was quoted $475 each for 2 people for a 4 night stay. If you're considering a 1 week stay, then it's definitely not in your price range.

PMEmail Poster
woodie54
Posted: May 11, 2018 - 07:27 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 503

Pretzel boy, when in September are you at Waterfalls? We are there from the 15th-22.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace