Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 > »»   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What everyoneís favorite fishing store
Ice
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 06:50 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7713

Out of the three stores bass pro shops, cabelas and sail. What store to you all enjoy to shop at. My go to store has always been bass pro shops. Like there lures and rod/reels selections. They always have my gear in stock. But that just me. Whatís everyone else take on this.

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 07:28 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 656

First off I hate shopping, when I go to a store its to buy something.
At this stage most of my purchases are well planned for so I'll go to the one that offers the best deal.
Cabelas is to far of a drive for me to make it a competitor for my dollars so that leaves either sail or basspro which are both basically down the street from me.
Sail has in my opinion limited options but they offer fairly regular minimum 15% off days. Basspro does have a bigger selection but their sales are usually a bait and switch gimmick but if you know how to play the game good savings can be had.

PMEmail Poster
GrandRiverWill
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 08:07 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12632

Well I'm from Cambridge so I mostly go to Sail since we have one in town, but most of the time they do not have what I am looking for so I venture off to Canadian Tire.

If Neither have what I am looking for, I'll get together with a few buddies and put an order in on Bassproshops.com. They have everything and its free shipping over $100

PMEmail Poster
adamcam07
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 08:31 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 6927

Bass pro is my #1 by far.

PMEmail Poster
Fishsniffer
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 08:33 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1597

BAIT BUCKET - Barrie

Awesome people to deal with !

Also , rather support our local stores.

PMEmail Poster
Seguin Fisher
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 04:42 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9952

Living about 90 min. from the closest of the three (Cabelaís), lately my number one store has been eBay.ca and other online places. Iíve got some pretty good deals on bulk line spools, lures, reels etc. and even with a bit extra for shipping itís still cheaper than the drive south, especially with the gas prices. If Iím down there for something else, Iíll drop in and see what I can find.

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 05:02 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 11714

Out of those 3 Bass pro.

I live out in the boonies so I buy online. My favorite site to browse is Tackle Warehouse, it's selection is second to none. Their sales are like clock work so I can plan my order now for november. Best online sales I've gotten probably from amazon, though Basspro and cabelas put some crazy prices on stuff in their clearance tabs...sometimes.

PMEmail Poster
thrillhouse
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 05:46 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 3420

Well Carbela's is closest too me so I go there often. And I find their website to be the best if the bunch so it's easy to find out what's in stock.

But I do enjoy my time at the bait bucket. Tom, as well as the customers are always very friendly. He is having a big sale storewide the first weekend of June and I plan on being there for some new gear. Also like those mystery tackle boxes he puts together.

PMEmail Poster
Fishsniffer
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 06:09 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1597

QUOTE (thrillhouse @ May 23, 2018 - 05:46 pm)
Well Carbela's is closest too me so I go there often. And I find their website to be the best if the bunch so it's easy to find out what's in stock.

But I do enjoy my time at the bait bucket. Tom, as well as the customers are always very friendly. He is having a big sale storewide the first weekend of June and I plan on being there for some new gear. Also like those mystery tackle boxes he puts together.

June 2 and 3rd I believe .

Rock 95 will be there from what Iím hearing

He brought in a big shipment of bass lures / plastics

PMEmail Poster
Smilee
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 06:25 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 11276

Bass pro and online shopping🙂

PMEmail Poster
Bayliner
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 06:51 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22

Bar none, Crappy Tire.

PMEmail Poster
bassmasterrr
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 06:59 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13353

You can find a lot of good deals online at amazon , tackle warehouse has some unique items hard to find in Canada even JDM products but itís pricey to ship to Canada.

PMEmail Poster
4d277
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 07:50 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7427

Yes crappy tire

PMEmail Poster
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 08:04 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 2952

Trombleys

PMEmail Poster
miro
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 08:34 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3947

I likes Sail. There 15% off sales are more regular, They also seam to carry a wider range of rods and reals when it comes to diawa, shimano and some of the other name brands. Bass pro and Cabelas seam to push there name products more than others and keep the rest of the stuff at a limited selection. That being said nothing wrong with the Cabelas and Bass pro line up great products at an affordable price.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 > »»  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace