Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Licences, new way to issue
all nation
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 07:05 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 6503

Mnr will change the way issuer do licences
Starting want in November 2018 MNR will take back their equipment from issuer (right now they supply everything)
They now want issuer like myself to:
buy our own Computer
buy our own printer-toner and paper and will give issuer a commission of 75 cent per item sold
To me it looks like they don't want small issuer to sell licence.
What do you think?

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 07:23 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 656

Depends
will they be dropping the $2 service fee they are already charging or will they be adding the .75 cents to us?

PMEmail Poster
GrandRiverWill
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 07:51 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12632

I heard that they will be available to get online I think that would be a great idea. Beats standing in line and driving across town! So there is a good chance you wont need that equipment anyways..

PMEmail Poster
thanh
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 08:26 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3415

QUOTE (GrandRiverWill @ Jun 13, 2018 - 07:51 am)
I heard that they will be available to get online I think that would be a great idea. Beats standing in line and driving across town! So there is a good chance you wont need that equipment anyways..

They have been available online for a number of years now.
https://www2.on.wildlifelicense.com/start.php?lang=1

PMEmail Poster
DOS
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 11:20 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2926

This is the reason that as of July 1st we will not be selling licences anymore.

PMEmail Poster
Fishing Rod
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 11:22 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4539

I didn't know you could buy it anywhere but online.

PMEmail Poster
dmorrs35
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 12:33 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8547

ive been buying my license online for years now. 3rd or 4th time. ive done it since 2014? they mail you your outdoors card. cdn tire is 5 minutes from my house but I just buy my license online and print the temp license at work. easy peasy

PMEmail Poster
Neil
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 12:41 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4203

If none of the outfitters sell licenses any longer I wonder what out of province or country folks will do for licenses? A lot of times they rely on local bait shops or outfitters for the licenses. I would imagine they could get them online in advance but don't know for sure.

Neil

PMEmail Poster
nuzpaper
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 12:52 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2396

QUOTE (Neil @ Jun 13, 2018 - 12:41 pm)
If none of the outfitters sell licenses any longer I wonder what out of province or country folks will do for licenses? A lot of times they rely on local bait shops or outfitters for the licenses. I would imagine they could get them online in advance but don't know for sure.

Neil

Non-res will always have a way to get it. No way the government is giving up on that cash cow. I hunt in Quebec and they have restrictions on what their residents can hunt with according to the courses they have taken. Non-res walks in. Hand over your hundreds and hundreds of dollars for your tag and no questions asked. Hunt with gun/bow/crossbow. Don't even have to show that you have taken a hunting course. Although, this year they are restricting non-res moose hunters to only use an outfitter for the most part. But that is also to get more tax money. With the handling of the moose population in Ontario hunters are flocking there.

PMEmail Poster
centerspin
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 02:28 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (Neil @ Jun 13, 2018 - 12:41 pm)

Neil

Michigan has a great system for non-resudents- online license for $11 a day (actually 24 hrs), no need to print, just show pdf if asked. Awesome.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 02:50 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Well, I feel for ya, but this happened to us on the charter boats quite a number of years ago......so we quit issuing

locally Bass pro is still issuing as is
ct......at least for now.

we have the most cumbersome system there is here....the USA is miles ahead both for service and ease of obtaining and price

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
thanh
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 03:23 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3415

non-resident can buy it online as well for Ontario. same link I posted above, on the second page there's a section you can choose for non-residents.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 05:31 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

There are people who are living/staying (permanently or temporally) in relatively remote area (such as at a cottage/resort area) with NO internet access, and with no cellphone service/coverage. So sorry buying your fishing license online is then not an option!:-)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
dmorrs35
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 07:42 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8547

QUOTE (xiaolu @ Jun 13, 2018 - 05:31 pm)
There are people who are living/staying (permanently or temporally) in relatively remote area (such as at a cottage/resort area) with NO internet access, and with no cellphone service/coverage. So sorry buying your fishing license online is then not an option!:-)

this is an issue. my guess is the permanent residents will have to go into town to get it. inconvenient but reality

for temp residents getting it before hand... every time you go fishing, you always prepare before hand (organizing gear, re-stringing reels, the never ending spending on lures and baits), just add your license to it. you can always go to a public library to print it off the receipt and temp license.

PMEmail Poster
HardlyCore
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 08:49 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8169

QUOTE (xiaolu @ Jun 13, 2018 - 05:31 pm)

Living like this is a choice. These folks should be used to having to drive to get things done once in a while. I have no sympathy. Just jealousy! haha.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace